Coming up to Speed With Grubbicon

Grubbicon

After the Spyderlocks were unmounted I got 2 of the new rings painted before I ran out of paint (picture of what I used below). I also got one of the tires mounted as well.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1446937112.851700.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1446937218.911928.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1446937123.867236.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1446937148.221333.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1446937158.394797.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1446937173.440737.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1446937183.120596.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1446937195.542433.jpg

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
I said Id through up pictures of the Gear Shade when I got it on so here it is. View attachment 141296 View attachment 141297 View attachment 141298
I have had it on for a few days now and been forgetting to post it. So far im not 100% sold on them the spiderweb shade is definitely a tighter fit and I think a little bit better quality personally. The over head pockets are kinda cool though. Lastly just a little update on the EVO corners and carrier. Since I have taken this long to do it I have decided to go over to my friends shop Saturday and have him knock it out instead of doing it in the garage. Saturday I will through up some pictures of it before it is off to powder coat.

Does your CB move a lot like shake on every bump or is it pretty secure?

WJCO

Meme King
I think the key to the unloading discussion is focused on this ORI feature:

Unloading and Push-Off Prevention
Another great feature not found on any other shock is the ability to set a rebound park-position to prevent unloading during a hill climb or decent. Unlike coilovers or air springs that will always rebound back to their ride height position, ORI STX Struts can be set with a predetermined rebound park-position that limits the rebound travel of the strut until the weight of the wheels and axles can extend the strut back to ride height.

The CB itself doesn't move, but the mic cable will smack the shit out of you if you're riding passenger.

Kinda like this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPr-xsQvhgw

Grubbicon

Does your CB move a lot like shake on every bump or is it pretty secure?
Like thardy said the CB itself doesnt move at all unless I forget its there and jump in the Jeep and slam my head into it. TBH it took me probably a few weeks of it there before I learned not to slam might head on it. Since I do run a mic retractor that does swing when the Jeep starts to jump around. I have to say though its very nice being able to just pull it down talk and let go. Its also kinda funny when it his the passenger lol.

Oh yeah. You hit the nail on the head with that one.

Grubbicon

I shouldn't of spoke so soon earlier about having one of the tire mounted. They are supposed to be torques to 16-18ftlbs, but I had 5-6 bolt heads break off before I got to 16lbs. So I guess next time I get a chance im going to get a set of bolts and another ring before I get too deep into this and have problems later on.

WJCO

Meme King
I shouldn't of spoke so soon earlier about having one of the tire mounted. They are supposed to be torques to 16-18ftlbs, but I had 5-6 bolt heads break off before I got to 16lbs. So I guess next time I get a chance im going to get a set of bolts and another ring before I get too deep into this and have problems later on.

I have to be honest, I've never done bead locks myself. But bolts breaking at 16 ft lbs? China town bolts.....of is this normal??

Grubbicon

I have to be honest, I've never done bead locks myself. But bolts breaking at 16 ft lbs? China town bolts.....of is this normal??

They are grade 8, however usually on beadlocks (or some companies I believe recommend) your supposed to change bolts when you unmount them. I know my buddy I got them from put them through hell so who knows. Its not like it was everyone either so maybe just a bad set or something.

Last edited:

Grubbicon

The ATX bolts are 22lbs for max torque so this is not normal.

My brother and I also did 4 other raceline steel beadlocks today that werent mine and they say they should only be torqued to 16-18. I know i always did my spyderlocks at 20.

EDIT: Almost sounds like my torque wrench is off, but I tried 2 of them and they both read the same. So I find it hard to believe that thats my problem.

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
Like thardy said the CB itself doesnt move at all unless I forget its there and jump in the Jeep and slam my head into it. TBH it took me probably a few weeks of it there before I learned not to slam might head on it. Since I do run a mic retractor that does swing when the Jeep starts to jump around. I have to say though its very nice being able to just pull it down talk and let go. Its also kinda funny when it his the passenger lol.

Oh yeah. You hit the nail on the head with that one.

I also have one and I love how it just retrackes. But I haven't used it in a while.

Guascone

After the Spyderlocks were unmounted I got 2 of the new rings painted before I ran out of paint (picture of what I used below). I also got one of the tires mounted as well.
View attachment 172762 View attachment 172773 View attachment 172764 View attachment 172766 View attachment 172767 View attachment 172769 View attachment 172770 View attachment 172772

Can I ask you the reason why are you changing the spiderlock with steel wheels?
It is possibile to balance steel wheels?

I'm also looking for steel wheel. The reason for me is that an alloy wheel cost in Italy 550/600€ each....too much expensive!

Top Bottom