Consumer Reports Review

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Honestly, how can we argue the facts that CR laid out in the review? Face it, Wranglers are loud, get shitty gas mileage, have fair to shitty reliability, handle ok, but surely no one would say great, waaaaaaaay overpriced for what they are, I could go on and on and on.

What the article can't relate is that these, like Harleys and maybe Vettes a little, are lifestyle vehicles. We love them for what they can do and where they can take us. Rad blows out at 38,00 miles? So what -got me one on Amazon for $100 that I'm putting in this weekend. If the same thing happens with the family truckster we're bitching up a storm! Throw a 4" lift on it and all the warning lights go off? Eh, cut the purple wire and throw a cut-off switch on that bitch!

But we all know this. We just choose to overlook all the crappy properties of the damn things because for us, it just doesn't matter.

I agree, people often forgets that CR reviews cars. The wrangler is a REALLY REALLY sh!tty car. Probably one of the worst on the market today (for all the reasons you outlined.) It's cheap feeling, overpriced, handles like sh!t, is loud, leaks, etc. So again, as a car, the wrangler sucks donkey nuts. Hell, for the same price, you have have an overland grand cherokee which is better in almost every way.

However, as a MACHINE, the wrangler is a thing of beauty and has almost no competitors...none if we're talking convertible offroaders.

Top Bottom