Coolant leaks

monstrousmac

Caught the Bug
Man it has been a pain with the coolant system, granted I have 241,762 miles on my 2010 JKU and it has been running great, except for gaskets and hoses leaking. So, at about 220,000 miles my radiator went bad, the plastic tank finally blew on the side, no big deal replaced the radiator. Then the hose running to the heater core blew, so I replaced both of those then the water pump went out, replaced it. Then had a coolant leaked through the timing chain gasket on the driver’s side, it was spraying out in a tiny stream, couldn't miss it. Got it replaced, and then the lower intake gasket was leaking coolant, passenger side by Cylinder 1. It was not leaking a lot, just a little bit. There would be a little bit of coolant (about half dollar size) pooling right by the valve cover by cylinder 1 every now and then. Just replaced it along with the upper, lower radiator hose, thermostat and temp sensor. Man I hope the coolant system is good now. I also replaced my valve cover gaskets not long ago, which were leaking oil. When I pulled those off the gaskets were like hard plastic and brittle. Anyway everything seems good now.

Oh, it is a 2010 JKU Isander, 3.8 liter.

bmkrinne

Man that’s a lot of shit going on with your coolant system! It’s encouraging that you’ve got 241k on it though!!! Rock on!!!

jeeeep

Hooked
dealing with all the same things on my 2010, replacing the hoses, water pump and valve cover gaskets.

Also have a sticking brake caliper so I'll likely rebuild all 4

Top Bottom