Coolant temp

ganseg

My jeep is a new-to-me 2008 JKR with 125k. Normally the coolant temp is around 170 degrees, which is just below half way on my gauge. Would that indicate that the prior owner put in a 180 or lower thermostat? (from what I can see looking at replacements, stock is 195%)

Also, I let it sit and idle today and my fan didn't come on till 220 degrees. Should it be coming on at a lower temp?

I am probably going to be replacing the thermostat housing due to a leak, any aftermarket parts or name brands I should focus on? Seems like a fair amount of people have leaks there.

I live in MN and mostly commute. Plan to go off road about 4 times per year. TIA!

Use factory parts. I've had better luck with autozone parts than Napa. I use as much factory as my wallet allows at the time. Just today at work got a reman Napa alternator went to install on customers ride. Yup another hour of waiting for Napa to bring another alternator as the first was bad.

My jeep is a new-to-me 2008 JKR with 125k. Normally the coolant temp is around 170 degrees, which is just below half way on my gauge. Would that indicate that the prior owner put in a 180 or lower thermostat? (from what I can see looking at replacements, stock is 195%)

Also, I let it sit and idle today and my fan didn't come on till 220 degrees. Should it be coming on at a lower temp?

I am probably going to be replacing the thermostat housing due to a leak, any aftermarket parts or name brands I should focus on? Seems like a fair amount of people have leaks there.

I live in MN and mostly commute. Plan to go off road about 4 times per year. TIA!

These temps are normal. The fan is not supposed to come on until 220, also normal.

Top Bottom