Cooper STT Pro vs Toyo vs Nitto

Lance628

I bought a set of coopers off eddies recommendation and I love them so much quieter the the nitto mud grapplers and perform great on the trail

Wethy

There really is no comparison between a good AT in the snow and an MT. This is why I specifically said that the Coopers were the best "MT" I have ever driven on in the snow and ice and it really is. A tire like a Duratrac has a ton more siping on its lugs and they will act like fingernails on the slick stuff. Does that help?

Kind of. I did realize that it was like comparing apples to oranges. And it was a fairly broad question. I guess I should have asked what some of your experiences have been with the STT Pro in the ice, and the snow in particular. And do you think the STT pros are good enough you wouldn't want winter tires?

Here in Ontario it always seems like we get a lot of ice on the roads during the winter and I've never really had a problem with the Duratracs(knock on wood) so I'd like a tire I know can handle it. And as much as I like the looks of the trail grappler and the STT Pro I have to consider the winter aspects of tires too ha ha

WJCO

Meme King
Kind of. I did realize that it was like comparing apples to oranges. And it was a fairly broad question. I guess I should have asked what some of your experiences have been with the STT Pro in the ice, and the snow in particular. And do you think the STT pros are good enough you wouldn't want winter tires?

Here in Ontario it always seems like we get a lot of ice on the roads during the winter and I've never really had a problem with the Duratracs(knock on wood) so I'd like a tire I know can handle it. And as much as I like the looks of the trail grappler and the STT Pro I have to consider the winter aspects of tires too ha ha

That's where I was at too. This winter will be the test.

jesse3638

Hooked
Because that would seem to make a lot of sense. [emoji6][emoji23][emoji23]

I suppose that is another option to consider. [emoji106]

You should have rotated the spare ...haha. I could never run mismatched tires the OCD in me wouldn't allow it..haha

JAGS

Hooked
You should have rotated the spare ...haha. I could never run mismatched tires the OCD in me wouldn't allow it..haha

In that scenario that would be mismatched, other than my spare would be one of my current used, which has about 45k on it.

I totally agree, all five need to match! Spare rotated in or not.

Petzl88

I got the Coopers in. Heading to Spring Creek tomorrow to test them out on the slick granite. I will share some pictures tomorrow.

dillard09

I know my next set of tires will be one of these 3. I have the km2 now but are so small. My 37 measure at 34.25 with about 15k on them. Aired down with some gear and I'm tiny! They do great off road but are just small. I leaning towards either toyo Mt or cooper stt pro.
Here are my km2

ForumRunner_20160910_201207.png

Last edited:

Road_king

I have many different tires including 35" MTR's and 35" Nitto Trail Grapplers now the SST's in 37" x 12.5. Quiet, fairly stickey, round - incredible in the rocks and deep snow! They make me look good!

dillard09

So I was looking through the true tire size thread for actual sizes of the Toyo Mt and Cooper STT Pro in 37x13.50r17. I seen the Cooper STT were 35-1/8" but does anyone know what the Toyos are?

So I was looking through the true tire size thread for actual sizes of the Toyo Mt and Cooper STT Pro in 37x13.50r17. I seen the Cooper STT were 35-1/8" but does anyone know what the Toyos are?

My 37x12.50x17 STT Pros were 36.25". I wouldn't imagine the 13.50 would be that much shorter.

RUBEERCON

Never had anything other than the Toyo MT 35's. I run them at 12# on nasty sharp rocks at Disney Ok. The sidewalks are tough as nails so far with zero damage, all of my tread lugs have sliver cuts and small chunks missing from them. The tires have around 10k miles and they are wearing good and flat even with all the lug damage. Pretty dam noisy but that's expected on a Mud tread. I just ordered Toyo AT2s for daily driving and my MT are now my weekend set.

Did you measure yours the same way Eddie did in the tire thread?

LOL!! Beat you to it :D

I did. Used that measurement to adjust the speedometer and then verified with GPS that it was displaying the correct speed. Now I'm going to have to go out and check again. Have several thousand miles on them now, but I'll go take a look. Maybe it's the fact that I've got the 12.50's squeezed onto the stock rim?

Top Bottom