Cordless Impact Gun?

Havoc40

All of it. :yup:

Kind of a tough question to ask. But if you're wanting a better break down of what a standard hand tool kit is...I'll do my best to write up a list plus additional items. I'm sure I'll forget a few things!

Absolute necessity is 12pt and 6pt metric and SAE 1/2", 3/8", 1/4" sockets (including torx/hex). Long and short handle ratchets. Breaker bars. 1/2" impact sockets. Extensions, swivels, and adapters. Air or cordless tools to drive all 3 sizes. Metric and SAE combination wrenches (I'd recommend additional ratchet wrenches). Line wrenches. Quality wire strippers and diagonal cutters. Soldering iron. Screw drivers, nut drivers, and torx drivers. Awl and pick set. Ball joint press. Pry bars. Brake caliper spreader and brake spoon. Quality digital multimeter. 12v test light. Ball peen hammer, small sledge hammer, dead blow hammer. Slide hammer set. Drill bit index. Sawsall. Angle grinder. Air hammer/chisel. Cut-off tools. Adjustable wrenches. Arc-joint, slip-joint, vice grip, and needle nose pliers. Fuel line disconnect tools. Trim/molding tools. Pitman arm puller. 3-jaw puller. 3/8 and 1/2 torque wrench.

Last edited:

utiadam

LOSER
Kind of a tough question to ask. But if you're wanting a better break down of what a standard hand tool kit is...I'll do my best to write up a list plus additional items. I'm sure I'll forget a few things!

Absolute necessity is 12pt and 6pt metric and SAE 1/2", 3/8", 1/4" sockets (including torx/hex). Long and short handle ratchets. Breaker bars. 1/2" impact sockets. Extensions, swivels, and adapters. Air or cordless tools to drive all 3 sizes. Metric and SAE combination wrenches (I'd recommend additional ratchet wrenches). Line wrenches. Quality wire strippers and diagonal cutters. Soldering iron. Screw drivers, nut drivers, and torx drivers. Awl and pick set. Ball joint press. Pry bars. Brake caliper spreader and brake spoon. Quality digital multimeter. 12v test light. Ball peen hammer, small sledge hammer, dead blow hammer. Slide hammer set. Drill bit index. Sawsall. Angle grinder. Air hammer/chisel. Cut-off tools. Adjustable wrenches. Arc-joint, slip-joint, vice grip, and needle nose pliers. Fuel line disconnect tools. Trim/molding tools. Pitman arm puller. 3-jaw puller. 3/8 and 1/2 torque wrench.

Really good breakdown of tools needed. I have so many at work and always do upgrades/repairs here that I forget most people don't have all this.

I have this same kit. Bought it while trying to replace ball joints on a 900HP 5.9 Cummins diesel which destroys ball joints and cheap press kits. No stripped threads...love it!!

Glad to hear that. I have yet to use it but I've heard from multiple other techs that this is by far the best kit. A little out of the budget for most do it yourselfers at $700 but as a tech I think it will be worth it. I'm going to try it out on my buddy's axle shaft u joints on his TJ.

Havoc40

I was surprised how tough it was to make that list lol. I'm an ASE certified mechanic that transitioned into engineering. Manufacture aftermarket hyd/solid roller lifters and also trans components for Chrysler. Besides being the GM for the lifter division, I handle the R&D engine builds and machine design/maintenance for the OEM division. My roll cab consists of precision engine building tools all the way to industrial automation stuff.

dwmgcs

For any cordless tools, I buy from CPO Outlets, I buy reconditioned Milwaukee cordless stuff from them all the time, full factory warranty and you can't beat the prices. I have had only one out of at least 10 tools from them that I had to return and it was super fast and had the new one in hand before the old one shipped back. Check it out, the last thing I bought was a 28v 1/2" impact for $179 for just the bare tool, an awesome deal.

J.B.

I prefer IR myself. Snap On is good too. Get a lithium ion battery as well. You can go wrong with either one.

JKResistance

The Ingersoll is a great impact! Check out their W5350 also, it's a right angle impact. That thing has come in handy more times than I can count! Personally though, my Milwaukee Fuel M18 impact is by far my favorite impact I've used!

Akdiesel

Super expensive but I love my Snap On! I'm a mechanic so it's for my job. Though the Milwaukee Fuel is a sweet gun for a great price

JohnnyD

I just recently purchased a dewalt cordless impact. I had a full set of 18v xrp cordless tools, drill, skill saw, jig saw, and sawzall so why not one more...but I get these at a very steep discount as I know someone who works for said company....have to say, if you go this route be sure to get the Li-ion batteries so much better than the ni-cads or ni-mh.....hammer drill was like a new tool after the switch

el_chupo_

Russ, do you happen to have the model/kit number on this? I'm hoping Zoro throws out a 30% off around 4th of July and want to be prepared to snag one when it comes up. Thanks 

I'm not Russ, but the 2763-22 is the kit with the batteries.

2763-20 is the bare tool

Top Bottom