Cozdude's build of Knuckles

TRLJNKY

Damn. Ive often thought about dropping my tank skid and doing the same thing but now you got me saying "If it aint broke dont fix it". Sorry man. Hope the cheap repair works out

sent from my Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Just started to catch up on this and man, what a bummer. The good news is that a broken evap check valve won't leave you high and dry. You will have a check engine light come on if you run it like that long enough but that's about it. Unfortunately, I don't think the nipple on top of the sending unit is made out of PVC. If you try to repair this, I might try using JB Weld instead.

Thanks eddie. I will try using jb weld and then just do a layer of right stuff as well just to be sure it holds

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks eddie. I will try using jb weld and then just do a layer of right stuff as well just to be sure it holds

If you do it right, you won't need the Right Stuff on top of it. I've used JB Weld to fix a broken evap canister nipple on my old 81 CJ7 and it worked great. You just need to roughen up the OUTSIDE surface of the remaining nipple and point where it needs to be attached to with sand paper. This will help give the JB weld something to grab onto on the outside. Extend the weld on both sides like a cast, be patient and make sure to let it dry COMPLETELY before attempting to reconnect the hose. Can't guarantee that it will work for you but it has for me in the past and gas will not effect it.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
If you do it right, you won't need the Right Stuff on top of it. I've used JB Weld to fix a broken evap canister nipple on my old 81 CJ7 and it worked great. You just need to roughen up the OUTSIDE surface of the remaining nipple and point where it needs to be attached to with sand paper. This will help give the JB weld something to grab onto on the outside. Extend the weld on both sides like a cast, be patient and make sure to let it dry COMPLETELY before attempting to reconnect the hose. Can't guarantee that it will work for you but it has for me in the past and gas will not effect it.

Will do. I tried yesterday but was in a small panic before I figured out it wasn't a big deal. Didn't rough up the surface before I tried applying it.

JKbrick

Just started to catch up on this and man, what a bummer. The good news is that a broken evap check valve won't leave you high and dry. You will have a check engine light come on if you run it like that long enough but that's about it. Unfortunately, I don't think the nipple on top of the sending unit is made out of PVC. If you try to repair this, I might try using JB Weld instead.

I agree, the primer is methelethelkeytone and pvc glue does not stick to every kind of plastic. It causes a chemical reaction to poly vinyl chloride (pvc) pipe and melts it together. But I'm only a plumber is why I know this and hopefully it works for you Coz

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

OJK12

That sucks man! Just a thought but permatex makes a fuel tank repair epoxy that I think will work on plastic and then you don't have to worry about the gas breaking it down over time. IMG_2855.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just ordered a new drag link from crown off of amazon for knuckles
Crown Automotive 52126058AD Tie Rod End https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00I7ERM3O/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_7mM3yb4K2ST3T

Also going to order a new adjuster sleeve from qtech just for shits a giggles
https://www.quadratec.com/products/56119_0018.htm

Nice buy on the Crown OE drag link. Just like their track bars, they work well and are super cheap.

Regarding the adjuster, was the new Dynatrac one too pricey?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Nice buy on the Crown OE drag link. Just like their track bars, they work well and are super cheap.

Regarding the adjuster, was the new Dynatrac one too pricey?

Yea it is a little pricy. It is listed for $200 on their site and I really couldn't find it for any cheaper anywhere else. The oem sleeve has been good to me so I didn't really see a need to upgrade

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yea it is a little pricy. It is listed for $200 on their site and I really couldn't find it for any cheaper anywhere else. The oem sleeve has been good to me so I didn't really see a need to upgrade

Yeah, I suppose that's more than the cost of the Crown drag link :crazyeyes:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
So today at school I had the opportunity to run knuckles on the dyno. Wasn't expecting anything phenomenal to come of it but was curious to the number he would make with the 5.13's and 37's.

Well knuckles made 132hp and 193lb/ft of torque. My teacher said there was still plenty left in him and he thinks he could have made more power if he didn't keep downshifting from 3rd to 2nd. Was a very cool first time experience
IMG_7614.jpg
https://youtu.be/D1ibtQVxC8g

Top Bottom