Cozdude's build of Knuckles

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Makes sense. I was gonna go 37,s now but hearing I would need new drive shafts, bigger lift, potential steering difficulties, etc I decided not to. Would u do all that?

Side note...think our jeeps will drive different or have different rpms being I have a 4 door and yours is 2 door?

I have a magnfliw cat back that gets annoying around 3000 Rpms...

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

Well I know I can run 37's with my lift currently so I wouldn't have to replace it, I will get new shafts when I need them but from what I have been told they are plenty strong it's just the boot that gets worn out from wheeling. Steering issues I already have so no biggie there lol so yea I will still do it.

Might be a little different but not much to notice.

Sent from my iPhone

JKFlyer

Looks like I'll need 37s. Life could be worse. I'll drive it and see how it feels.

bl17z90

Looks like I'll need 37s. Life could be worse. I'll drive it and see how it feels.

The only real downside i see to having your gears too deep in addition to your RPM's being higher than needed is tapping the gas with a deeper gear will give you a good bit more immediate power.

Terrible example but it is accurate is you eith 5.13's and 35's could do a burnout much easier than me with 3.73's and 35's. actually I doubt I could burn out at all lol.

However the other side to gears being too deep is them being too light like mine. My fuel econom sucks because I have to constantly go back to 3rd gear on the highway to keep up speed.

Sent from my phone?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
However the other side to gears being too deep is them being too light like mine. My fuel econom sucks because I have to constantly go back to 3rd gear on the highway to keep up speed.

Sent from my phone?

this was my problem. the economy sucked but at the same time it could be great cause of doing 1300rpm at 60 mph but then you hit a head wind and you downshift immediately and your rpms go thru the roof

bl17z90

this was my problem. the economy sucked but at the same time it could be great cause of doing 1300rpm at 60 mph but then you hit a head wind and you downshift immediately and your rpms go thru the roof

Thats not a good thing lol

Sent from my phone?

JKFlyer

In the end probably averages out on fuel economy aspect

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
well i ordered the RK coil spring correction wedges from quadratec but they have been on backorder forever! so i called 4wd and they had them and are shipping them out to me today. hopefully these will get my trackbar out from inbetween my coil so i can hit speed bumps and not hear it pop!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
just ordered the Cool Tech CB mount. it is currently mounted close to the shifter knob and the GF kicks it from time to time so time to move it up and out of the way.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1375305023.144296.jpg
current set up

where i am moving it to
JKVersaMount2_4_640x480.jpg

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
should have told me I would have sold your myne. Im gonna upgrade to a larger cb once the cage is installed.

JKFlyer

I'm in the market for a CB...the one in bottom pic. I'd like to trade for my hi lift...never used...painted though

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I'm in the market for a CB...the one in bottom pic. I'd like to trade for my hi lift...never used...painted though

Lol I'm not getting rid of my cb just movin it up higher than where it sits. The one I have is a good cb and it's fairly cheap. Got my whole set up for under $150 if my memory is right

Sent from my iPhone

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
So recently i have hearing what i think is gear whine coming from the rear axle so i called Mike at Globex Performance (they did the install) and scheduled an appointment for tomorrow to have them check it out. hopefully it is an easy fix and something i dont have to pay out the ass for.

Also i just ordered some Off Road Evoloution hood decals in black. i cant wait to put them on!. i will be ording a red wayalife windsheild banner as well when they are back in stock

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
But it does sound like Jim is selling his.

Sent from my phone?

thinking about going with a "bigger one" so yes its for sale

So recently i have hearing what i think is gear whine coming from the rear axle so i called Mike at Globex Performance (they did the install) and scheduled an appointment for tomorrow to have them check it out. hopefully it is an easy fix and something i dont have to pay out the ass for.

Also i just ordered some Off Road Evoloution hood decals in black. i cant wait to put them on!. i will be ording a red wayalife windsheild banner as well when they are back in stock

They should cover it since you were very gentle on the break in. I know my guy that I may go to said he stands behind it for a long time. Full warranty if I buy the parts through him at least.

Once I get rid of the snorkel ill be getting those stickers as well. Couldnt find that hood you told me about either. If you find it again let me know ill buy it this weekend.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
They should cover it since you were very gentle on the break in. I know my guy that I may go to said he stands behind it for a long time. Full warranty if I buy the parts through him at least.

yea i was extreamly easy on it. on really drove my jeep to work since it was a short distance (10 miles max) for the first week or so. this allowed me to get in more then the 5 heat cycles people recommend. im sure they will hook me up with this and warrenty it

JKFlyer

yea i was extreamly easy on it. on really drove my jeep to work since it was a short distance (10 miles max) for the first week or so. this allowed me to get in more then the 5 heat cycles people recommend. im sure they will hook me up with this and warrenty it

I would imagine u hit 4 heat cycles just getting home! I know I did 3

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I would imagine u hit 4 heat cycles just getting home! I know I did 3

Technically I only did 2. Mike did the first one for me then I did one on my way to pj's then the second from pjs home. It was about 40 miles for each which was pushing it they said but I could do it. Sadly I couldn't leave my jeep there with them to do the first few cycles for me

Sent from my iPhone

H8MUD

So recently i have hearing what i think is gear whine coming from the rear axle so i called Mike at Globex Performance (they did the install) and scheduled an appointment for tomorrow to have them check it out. hopefully it is an easy fix and something i dont have to pay out the ass for...

I personally know the guys at Globex and 'know' they will take care of you.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Well it turns out it is a pinion bearing in the rear that went bad. Getting it replaced now.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1390067552.353279.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1390067598.415324.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

Top Bottom