Cozdude's build of Knuckles

nice skids! really nice knowing the belly is protected. it's a big chunk of change, but well worth every penny:thumb:

yea it was a big chuck of change but worth it

Question did you need to buy the clamp when you got you synergy SS flip kit! or can you run with the stock one?

nope! still running the stock clamp. the synergy instructions say you NEED the aftermarket clamp cause the stock one will contact the diff but i did a few trsts at full lock and wasnt even close to hitting. just make sure the clamp is in the stock location but rotated up obviously.

ill be ready for that this time lol, just need to keep my tires at 10-12 for that one and not as low as I was last trip.

steve before you start the oil pan skid, I think I used a ratcheting box end for 2 of the bolts, and youll see which ones I mean, but I could be wrong and may have just used the std wrench.

ok cool thanks jim! yea a few of the spots look like i need the extension to be able to unscrew the bolts.

side note- anyone know what 80 inch/lbs is in ft/lbs? i dont have an in/lb torque wrench so i need to convert it into ft/lbs

it's like 6.666 ft pounds. i bought a inch pound tq wrench from harbor freight for 20 bucks.

yea it was a big chuck of change but worth it

nope! still running the stock clamp. the synergy instructions say you NEED the aftermarket clamp cause the stock one will contact the diff but i did a few trsts at full lock and wasnt even close to hitting. just make sure the clamp is in the stock location but rotated up obviously.

ok cool thanks jim! yea a few of the spots look like i need the extension to be able to unscrew the bolts.

side note- anyone know what 80 inch/lbs is in ft/lbs? i dont have an in/lb torque wrench so i need to convert it into ft/lbs

I don't know if the ft lbs wrench will go that low. Auto zone or the like should have an inch lbs for $25-$30.

thank you! hopefully my torque wrench goes that low lol

im hoping it does. dont really want to go out and buy a new one but if i have to i will

It's worth it. You need it for the banjo bolts on the brakes too so it's good to have. If you need to replace a brake line on the trail it'll be worth it's weight in gold. :thumb:

It's worth it. You need it for the banjo bolts on the brakes too so it's good to have. If you need to replace a brake line on the trail it'll be worth it's weight in gold. :thumb:

Good advise Adam thanks! Didn't know I needed it for the brakes. I will invest in one! For now I should be good tho for the skid plate since it looks like it does go down to 5 ft lbs

Sent from my iPhone

Good advise Adam thanks! Didn't know I needed it for the brakes. I will invest in one! For now I should be good tho for the skid plate since it looks like it does go down to 5 ft lbs

Sent from my iPhone

If it goes down that low then you might not need one. The banjo bolts are like 287 inch pounds so you can just covert it.

ProTek skids are installed! just forgot to take pic. also changed my oil since it was suggested to do so when installing the oil pan skid.

Also i had to order two new speed sensors. Traction control keep kicking in randomly. you can read about it here if you didnt already. i hope to replace them tomorrow night and saturday.

ProTek skids are installed! just forgot to take pic. also changed my oil since it was suggested to do so when installing the oil pan skid.

Also i had to order two new speed sensors. Traction control keep kicking in randomly. you can read about it here if you didnt already. i hope to replace them tomorrow night and saturday.

Hey bud how you been ..listen the speed sensors are not the problem when the traction control light comes on, the jeep is not tracking right , have the alignment checked again you may have to put an adjustable trac bar on the reari deal with this problem at first they thought it was wheel sensors and speed sensors but it's just an alignment issue

It is what it is!

Hey bud how you been ..listen the speed sensors are not the problem when the traction control light comes on, the jeep is not tracking right , have the alignment checked again you may have to put an adjustable trac bar on the reari deal with this problem at first they thought it was wheel sensors and speed sensors but it's just an alignment issue

It is what it is!

Yo don! My traction control was engaging which was my issue. The lights coming on was almost like it was throwing a code. Installed two new front sensors and I'm good so far. The rear has the teraflex track bar bracket which utilizes the stock bar. Been on their for a long time now.

Sent from my iPhone

Well this last week and weekend were pretty productive. I installed the protek skids and I installed new speed sensors. I'm hoping they fixed my traction control issue.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1399858366.538152.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1399858385.634764.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1399860738.027010.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

Finally getting around to installing my rigid and strike force zebra grill mount
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1400606490.662053.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1400606503.901397.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1400606514.531474.jpg

Just need to run the wires and I'm good to go

Sent from my iPhone

Looks good Steve! :thumbup:

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

thanks Paul! the wiring from rigid came pre-set up with an inline fuse and all. made my life simple and happy lol so thank you with the instructions earlier on in your waytek thread :yup:

Top Bottom