CrippledPetey Build Thread!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
wait...serious question; you shouldn't be stopped to shift a transfer case?

I couldn't find the original post for context, but you should be moving when shifting in/out of 4LO. There are no synchros and it requires a bit of movement (below 5mph) to mesh the gears.

USMC Wrangler

wait...serious question; you shouldn't be stopped to shift a transfer case?

The owner's manual for my '13 says...

2H to 4H or 4H to 2H

"Shifting between 2H and 4H can be made with the vehicle stopped or in motion. With the vehicle in motion, the transfer case will engage/disengage faster if you momentarily release the accelerator pedal after completing the shift. Apply a constant force when shifting the transfer case lever."

4H to 4L or 4L to 4H

"With the vehicle rolling at 2-3 mph, shift an automatic transmission into NEUTRAL (N), or press the clutch pedal on a manual transmission. While the vehicle is coasting at 2-3 mph, shift the transfer case lever firmly to the desired position. Do not pause with the transfer case in N. Once the shift is completed place the automatic transmission into DRIVE or release the clutch pedal on a manual transmission."

Found a nice surprise when replacing our pinion bearing (which is a whole other topic). PR60 rear full float chromoly shaft, 40's, 3.6L. Could be worse :cheesy:

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1441163348.929891.jpg

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
this is what i have been waiting for! Very exciting stuff!! :wings:

How did you remove the body from the frame without cutting off the EVO sliders?

this is what i have been waiting for! Very exciting stuff!! :wings:

How did you remove the body from the frame without cutting off the EVO sliders?

We lifted from the cage first then slipped some 2x6 square tubing underneath. Then we moved the lift to the pinch seems and lifted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom