Day Trip to the Rubicon - April 4th

NV375

Found it. It was buried in my unused Luggable Loo. In easy reach from outside the jeep if I had remembered where it was.

Attachments

• 1428297916486.jpg
    1428297916486.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 99

K.D.C.H

So so happy you and family could join us. Checked in with D today too and we didn't scare her away! I'm so glad can't wait for more adventures!

Yea she said she had a great time and really enjoyed meeting everyone. We can't wait to get back out there again.

NV375

Good deal, how did you air up? You were gone by the time I had my tent broken down.

I borrowed a controller and hose from Jason. I tried to make the rounds and say bye before I left. Most were busy packing like you. I had to get Mrs.NV375 back to the room as soon as possible. That was way over doing it for her. I also should not have taken her up Little Sluice. At least she is not giving me grief about the tie rod.

Thanks Jason the air made the trip down the mountain much better.

Now I'm dealing with a frowning tie rod pull left and steering wheel about 45 degrees left. I did not notice this on the way to Tahoe it was real noticeable this morning.

big dr

Pics look like it was perfect weather! So jealous of this trip.:thumb:

Happy to see a couple of 2 doors showed up,, there was one in Moab(me) it looks like they are increasing the limit,,, slightly.

Last edited:

Rccrwlr

I borrowed a controller and hose from Jason. I tried to make the rounds and say bye before I left. Most were busy packing like you. I had to get Mrs.NV375 back to the room as soon as possible. That was way over doing it for her. I also should not have taken her up Little Sluice. At least she is not giving me grief about the tie rod.

Now I'm dealing with a frowning tie rod pull left and steering wheel about 45 degrees left. I did not notice this on the way to Tahoe it was real noticeable this morning.

Make sure you get pictures. Frowning tie rods seem to be the thing to have on this trail. Ask Ricky and I how we know!

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug

Aw man Dave! Sorry to hear about the tie rod. It was great meeting you and hopefully we see ya on the next run!

KICKROX

Hey, I just wanted to say thanks to all who participated. I had a blast and it was very cool to meet everyone and I was very appreciative of all the input, advice and spotting that I got from everyone. I learned a lot about myself, my Jeep and it's capabilities for this was my first true wheeling trip.. It truly is a Jeep thing for me now and I grew a few more hairs on my huevos this weekend.. ( my wife noticed ) :yup:

Great photo!

Yeah I took some fun egg shots while I was playing Easter Bunny Sunday morning in the snow ;). Hid about 60 eggs all around camp and on the rigs. The kids had a blast hunting and were concerned how cold the easter bunny must have gotten hiding this many eggs in a snow storm ;)🐰

Jeephooligan

Jule and I had a awesome time meeting such a great group of people. Being this was only our 2nd time on a trail all the spotting and the advice was very appreciated:thumb: Jule is going to create an account and post some pics in a few days. She's already asking what its going to take to put 40's on:clap2: We cant wait to get out on the trail with all of you guys again.

kyleolson

Jule and I had a awesome time meeting such a great group of people. Being this was only our 2nd time on a trail all the spotting and the advice was very appreciated:thumb: Jule is going to create an account and post some pics in a few days. She's already asking what its going to take to put 40's on:clap2: We cant wait to get out on the trail with all of you guys again.

Sooo. You are slapping the 40s on soon! ;)

Lol. To run 40's right you gotta spend ALOT of money.

K.D.C.H

It was so much fun seeing you two again and seeing as you guys are in NorCal I have a feeling we will be seeing a lot more of each other. Great job wheeling by the way. Looks like we all took what we learned on the newbie run and out it into practice. I will also be looking to upgrade to 40's too :D

Lol. To run 40's right you gotta spend ALOT of money.

Yea that's what I hear but oh well. What good is life if you can't enjoy it on 40's :cheesy:

Thanks again buddy for taking me out with you Friday night. But definitely opened up my eyes to what these things are capable of.

She's already asking what its going to take to put 40's on

I will also be looking to upgrade to 40's too :D

I understand it's probably not next on the list but I would encourage you two to run your current set up for a bit. Staying where you are will allow you to learn what it's capable of and where your limits are. Learning now will allow you to be way better drivers later. :thumb: if you look back at our trip everyone with 35's and 37's did what everyone with 40's did. There are benefits to 40's but there is also a huge financial difference between them and 37's.

bkac

Caught the Bug
I understand it's probably not next on the list but I would encourage you two to run your current set up for a bit. Staying where you are will allow you to learn what it's capable of and where your limits are. Learning now will allow you to be way better drivers later. :thumb: if you look back at our trip everyone with 35's and 37's did what everyone with 40's did. There are benefits to 40's but there is also a huge financial difference between them and 37's.

I say teraflex spacer lift, 35's, and the right amount of skinny pedal equal a cheap and amazing setup! :)

Top Bottom