DEATH WOBBLE : What it is, What it isn't and What You Can Do to Fix it

Tottaly. [emoji106][emoji106]BJP1
Everyone that says how much of a pain ball joints are are using a press that is flexing causing the bj to bind.

red84cj7

Holy schnikes!

I've been reading and hearing about death wobble for years but I have never personally experienced it until this morning on the way to work. That shit is nasty!

I removed a dropped pitman arm and installed a Synergy drag link flip about a week and a half ago. No issues there. I have read that if the steering is set up properly, a steering stabilizer is not necessary so yesterday I removed the dual stabilizer set up that was on it because I plan to add Synergy's tie rod this weekend and wanted to see if I could get away without a stabilizer. I drove it for a bit afterwards including through town, intentionally hitting bumps and holes. There was some slight wobble through the steering wheel but nothing too bad. I even got up to highway speeds and crossed some railroad tracks at speed, still no issues. Then this morning on the way to work, at maybe 35mph, it just went nuts! I guess I'll be putting the dual stabilizer back on tonight and spring for the stabilizer brackets from Synergy along with a new stabilizer.

I just can't believe how violent DW is. It reminds me of the scene in The Hangover when Mr. Chow jumps out of the trunk of the car and starts whooping ass and afterwards they say, "He's so MEAN!" DW is so MEAN!

Sent from my SM-G960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
I've been reading and hearing about death wobble for years but I have never personally experienced it until this morning on the way to work. That shit is nasty!

I removed a dropped pitman arm and installed a Synergy drag link flip about a week and a half ago. No issues there. I have read that if the steering is set up properly, a steering stabilizer is not necessary so yesterday I removed the dual stabilizer set up that was on it because I plan to add Synergy's tie rod this weekend and wanted to see if I could get away without a stabilizer. I drove it for a bit afterwards including through town, intentionally hitting bumps and holes. There was some slight wobble through the steering wheel but nothing too bad. I even got up to highway speeds and crossed some railroad tracks at speed, still no issues. Then this morning on the way to work, at maybe 35mph, it just went nuts! I guess I'll be putting the dual stabilizer back on tonight and spring for the stabilizer brackets from Synergy along with a new stabilizer.

I just can't believe how violent DW is. It reminds me of the scene in The Hangover when Mr. Chow jumps out of the trunk of the car and starts whooping ass and afterwards they say, "He's so MEAN!" DW is so MEAN!

I moved your post here and highly suggest reading this thread. Whatever is causing your death wobble, your stabilizer is HIDING it. You should fix whatever is causing it rather just re-installing the stabilizer to hide the symptom.

red84cj7

I moved your post here and highly suggest reading this thread. Whatever is causing your death wobble, your stabilizer is HIDING it. You should fix whatever is causing it rather just re-installing the stabilizer to hide the symptom.
Educational and enlightening reading. Thank you.

jesse3638

Hooked
If everything is tight check ball joints. That's what was causing mine. Once I swapped them out, good to go. I realized at that point they had been worn out for a long time...haha.

Top Bottom