Deer season!

This will be my second season to miss it. I have been deployed and now just loved to Texas. Getting the family settled and starting a new job.

We dont have long here in NC bow season starts sometime this September I may try to do some but :thinking:

But my main season is rifle season :thumb: I do know also since I started a new job in April and may not be able to go as much either if I do I'm gonna have to have my gear and everything stuffed in my truck and go 20 minutes to the farm and hunt after work.

Keeping my fingers crossed

This year might be the first since 2011 that I can make a hunt if my work schedule stays open. Looking forward to a hunt in Texas :thumb:

That makes two of us.

I have a really close friend in the Kerrville, TX area that gets me on to a few of the exotic game ranches to cull some of the older animals that aren't producing. Nothing usually worth paying a taxidermist to mount up, but they do make tasty meals.

I have a really close friend in the Kerrville, TX area that gets me on to a few of the exotic game ranches to cull some of the older animals that aren't producing. Nothing usually worth paying a taxidermist to mount up, but they do make tasty meals.

Well if you need some help just let me know.

I'm hoping to make it out in OH this season, for the first time since I've moved to CA! :rock:

Stizzy,

You should make it down to Wayne's National Forest down outside of Athens. That's my ol' stomping grounds. "We's gots some big deers down 'ere!" Killed my first 6 point with a truck, driving through when I was a "legal" newby.

Archery bow season ends tomorrow in Utah, sadly I only got to go once. The extended season starts on Saturday and runs to November 30 for bow deer and elk. :clap2::clap2::clap2: thinking of going up Saturday with my daughter and having a go again.:wings::wings:

Stizzy,

You should make it down to Wayne's National Forest down outside of Athens. That's my ol' stomping grounds. "We's gots some big deers down 'ere!" Killed my first 6 point with a truck, driving through when I was a "legal" newby.

I live just north of Cincy and know those big boys you speak of! Those corn fed bucks are just as big as all the NFL midwestern corn fed linemen from Wisconsin, OSU, Michigan, and Iowa!!!

I'm thinking about getting into deer hunting.
What stinger size/model do you guys use?
:D

Any stinger will work. However depending on what big game animal you want to hunt, it is the size of your lift you are running that does matter;

- white tail, mule deer, big horn sheep, antelope = budget boost up to 3" lift kits
- elk, moose = 4"-6" lift kits (with additional front quarter panel armor and steel tube fenders highly recommended)

All kidding aside, if you are ever in the hill country of Texas you will notice a very popular bumper that is on almost every truck you will see, its called a "Ranch Hand". These bumpers probably have more deer take downs than any rifle or shotgun.

images.jpeg

Any stinger will work. However depending on what big game animal you want to hunt, it is the size of your lift you are running that does matter;

- white tail, mule deer, big horn sheep, antelope = budget boost up to 3" lift kits
- elk, moose = 4"-6" lift kits (with additional front quarter panel armor and steel tube fenders highly recommended)

All kidding aside, if you are ever in the hill country of Texas you will notice a very popular bumper that is on almost every truck you will see, its called a "Ranch Hand". These bumpers probably have more deer take downs than any rifle or shotgun.

View attachment 99874

They make on like that for the big rigs, they call them cattle guards, up here your insurance rates go down if you run one due to the high number of accidents with elk, moose, and bison. They save the truck a lot, but sometimes the bumper is a right off.

Top Bottom