Diff service at the dealer

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
So My JK's at the dealer getting some warranty work done. The nice service lady was trying to sell me the 30,000 mile maintenance package. Its basically a fluid change of the diffs and transmission... They want $350 to change diff fluid!!!

I tried to explain to her my Jeep gets slightly used on the weekends and its been changed about 4 times already. She just didnt get it... On the plus side they did'nt say a word about the mods and told me I have a 100,000 mile powertrain warranty.. Good suprise, I sure the hell did not know it had a warranty.

Tackerdown

Banned
350$ man I'm in the wrong Buis. I can't believe the have that much overhead.

Sent from my PC36100 using WAYALIFE mobile app

JAGS

Hooked
Which dealership was this? Not because of the diff issue, as I'm sure they all charge that, but because the mention of warranty.

Bullwinckle

Hooked
haha wow $350 thats crazy you might as well bend over because they re raping :shock: good thing you can do it yourself... At least they still honored your warranty though. :yup::thumb:

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Which dealership was this? Not because of the diff issue, as I'm sure they all charge that, but because the mention of warranty.

Riverside, so far the have been great and have not even mentioned the jeep being built

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
haha wow $350 thats crazy you might as well bend over because they re raping :shock: good thing you can do it yourself... At least they still honored your warranty though. :yup::thumb:

Who changes their own diff fluid? That's my wife's job

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I need to bring my Jeep in for service too. Might have them change the oil since I am too lazy to do it. :cheesy:

Tackerdown

Banned
I just want to throw this out there . Before I traded my vw in I had warranty work done. But had to show record that I had my service for 60,000 mile before they would cover it. They were nice enough to do the service and then the warranty work though.

blazer

Caught the Bug
I know Redland's Jeep is Jeep friendly, one of the co-owners owns and regularly wheels his Jeep.
When I need Jeep service, I take the time and drive the distance out there to get work done.
Always great service.

Top Bottom