Dishpan Springs Trail

JaySC

Anyone hit this trail in Arrowhead? Thinking about heading up this weekend and was curious about this trail.

Also, what are some of the good areas to explore around there?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using WAYALIFE mobile app

We just got back from Big Bear. We were planning on hitting Dishpan Springs on the last day before leaving but we had some beat up rigs and tired drivers so we skipped it. Holcomb Creek is close to the end of Dishpan and is one of my favorite trails. You could run them back to back if you wanted. We did John Bull again as well but it's better to run it from the other side and head towards Lake Arrowhead. I've got video of both if you are interested.

I also got the Guide to Southern California Backroads & 4-Wheel Drive Trails that helped a lot. Funtreks.com sells it for $20 or $25 for the spiral bound version I chose. Easier to have open on your pass seat while you drive.

Your video would be great to check out. Thanks! I have that same book and it is definitely helpful. In the past I've usually gone out with a group of friends but I'm going to be riding solo with the little lady this time around.

We just got back from Big Bear. We were planning on hitting Dishpan Springs on the last day before leaving but we had some beat up rigs and tired drivers so we skipped it. Holcomb Creek is close to the end of Dishpan and is one of my favorite trails. You could run them back to back if you wanted. We did John Bull again as well but it's better to run it from the other side and head towards Lake Arrowhead. I've got video of both if you are interested.

I also got the Guide to Southern California Backroads & 4-Wheel Drive Trails that helped a lot. Funtreks.com sells it for $20 or $25 for the spiral bound version I chose. Easier to have open on your pass seat while you drive.

Btw, was Big Bear pretty crowded? I imagine it would be given Labor Day Weekend.

Wasn't bad when we were there. A lot of traffic coming into Big Bear on Sat from the East but we didn't see many others on the trail.
This page has last year running Holcomb and John Bull
http://warmachines702.forumer.com/war-machines-in-big-bear-2013-t1290774.html#p12310779

This was the first half of Holcomb this year.
http://warmachines702.forumer.com/skirmish-studios-presents-t1231028-90.html#p12362943

John Bull
http://warmachines702.forumer.com/skirmish-studios-presents-t1231028-80.html#p12357678

And Gold Mt, an easier trail on the East side of Big Bear
http://warmachines702.forumer.com/skirmish-studios-presents-t1231028-70.html#p12356912

You can also go to my YouTube page to see them but these links let you see them on a mobile device. www.youtube.com/skirmishstudios702

Right on..thanks man. I'll check it out when I get back home. I wont have a spotter with me (brilliant, I know) since the other half doesn't know driver from passenger...so I'm trying to learn as much as I can beforehand haha.

Might want to stay away from the black diamond trails if you are solo. John Bull is pretty tough without spotting, Holcomb is doable but you'd have to pick your lines carefully in a couple washes, if heard Dishpan can be dangerous as well.

Gold Mt shouldn't be too bad, Heartbreak Ridge is easy. There are others but I don't have my book with me.

Yeah...I hear ya. Might meet up with Sean's group on Sunday instead.

Not sure what your rolling with but if your locked up and lifted you should be pretty good. My buddy tried to take my JKU sport in 31s down it. Lol.

Not sure what your rolling with but if your locked up and lifted you should be pretty good. My buddy tried to take my JKU sport in 31s down it. Lol.

How did your buddy do in your jku sport?

I ended up doing the trail with my buddy and he said it was almost cheating with the 40's and coilovers haha. There was only one part that was somewhat challenging and thats because I chose a different line. I'll tell you what though..the k-spec tires are sick.

We were behind 3 suzuki samurai's...one broke an axle shaft on the initial climb and another overheated...they went as far as they could and were nice enough to let us pass.

"cheating" - ya that is one way to describe it!!! I am assuming you guys had a good time!?!?

andrew-

Had a great time but was hoping to scratch up the slabs a little more lol...and Asia loved the Bon Jovi tribute at the village that night.

How did your buddy do in your jku sport?

I ended up doing the trail with my buddy and he said it was almost cheating with the 40's and coilovers haha. There was only one part that was somewhat challenging and thats because I chose a different line. I'll tell you what though..the k-spec tires are sick.

We were behind 3 suzuki samurai's...one broke an axle shaft on the initial climb and another overheated...they went as far as they could and were nice enough to let us pass.

Tried being the operative word lol. We were gonna go for it but I wasn't really feeling trail damage that day. I think I'm gonna hold off on the diamonds for now til I get a little but further up in the air. My rear LSD has made it pretty easy to do the rocks but I still drag over a lot of stuff.

Tried being the operative word lol. We were gonna go for it but I wasn't really feeling trail damage that day. I think I'm gonna hold off on the diamonds for now til I get a little but further up in the air. My rear LSD has made it pretty easy to do the rocks but I still drag over a lot of stuff.

Yeah, I hear ya. Trail damage sucks...especially if you have to drive a long way back home.

I've ran that trail with 33's and a 3 inch lift in a sport and was fine!

2010 MANGO TANGO SPORT JKU

Yeah...the waterfall area was really the only challenging part. For me it was just nice to get out. Luckily it wasnt as crowded as I thought it would be.

Top Bottom