Diy cargo nets

I finally finished this morning right before we went to check out oatman az. Highly recommended little town. It goes about 6 inches over the front seat. My hubby is 6'5" and he barely fits under there. I'm happy with it. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1461478472.488222.jpg

Nice job. Now I have to add sewing to the list of things I wish I could do.

There's a reason they cost $500+, they're a royal pain in the ass. Very time consuming. I started Monday afternoon and was completely done with the pieces by Friday evening. Then had to make more straps this morning. Given I have a lot of stop/starts going on. I homeschool 2 kids and have a toddler. Probably one of the biggest projects I've taken on. Coming close to my husband and I building a sectional couch from scratch and upholstering it.

There's a reason they cost $500+, they're a royal pain in the ass. Very time consuming. I started Monday afternoon and was completely done with the pieces by Friday evening. Then had to make more straps this morning. Given I have a lot of stop/starts going on. I homeschool 2 kids and have a toddler. Probably one of the biggest projects I've taken on. Coming close to my husband and I building a sectional couch from scratch and upholstering it.

Ma'am, that was very well done. It looks great and the stitching looks strong. We really love seeing stuff like this and it coming from such a hard worker such as yourself, makes even more sweeter. Thank you for showing us this project!!

I finally finished this morning right before we went to check out oatman az. Highly recommended little town. It goes about 6 inches over the front seat. My hubby is 6'5" and he barely fits under there. I'm happy with it. View attachment 199934

Those look great! I can imagine they were a pain, especially to get them to look so good. Congratulations, and I too am wondering about more pictures.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1461520659.366708.jpgImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1461520681.355252.jpgImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1461520698.740891.jpgImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1461520716.556041.jpgImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1461520730.858379.jpg

Sally is messy, we got back late last night. And yes I always keep a load of water in there. We live in the desert and you never know. That pouch is for my cell phone. I usually keep it in the dash hole but it killed my last iPhone and I had to get a new one. As you can see I'm going with white black and red color scheme.

I think safari straps sews theirs. But not 100% on that. I didn't want to use the grommets because to me it weakens the webbing. For us it's on the jeep to also protect our kids from stuff falling. Like random rocks. And each one of these straps are rated to 1100lbs. And I sewed the hell out of them. Lol

Good work! Are you planning to always have it on, even under the hard/soft top?

What are people's thoughts on using glue? Just thinking it'd be much faster and some glues that would work their way into the fabric could be really strong. Probably not as strong as thread, but strong enough to keep stuff from flying out of the Jeep.

Nice work. Must have been a heck of a job, but you can't beat the satisfaction of doing a good job on something you made yourself!

Top Bottom