DIY rock rails

MarkW13

I saw a kit that uses the stock Rubi rails as a base with additional tubing added to make what looks like a decent rocker guard.

Do you guys think the Rubi rail will hold up?

I'm pretty handy with a welder and this looked like a simple/cheap way to add protection. I have no intention of buying this kit. Only using it as a concept for fabrication.

FYI. This is from synergy. Just to give credit to the source.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I wouldn't do it. I am not a fan of body mounted rock rails. I ran rubi rails for about a year and they tweaked my body panels. Not really noticeable but not something would recommend or spend money on.

I looked into that kit as well. the recommendations I got were to get Rubi X take off rails or get a complete rock rail replacement.

The Rubicon x rails look like they attach the same as the other Rubi rails.

The Rubi X rails attach the same they just have the tube that can double as a step and push stuff away. Aftermarket options are probably stronger but as soon as a local dealer by me has a takeoff set for $100 they are mine.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

X2 what Overlander said on my old 2 door the passenger side rubi rail was pushed into the body aswell wish I would of gotten a pic of it

One trip off road and my rubi rails were pushed up into against the tub. Get some frame mounted sliders like evo or lod and call it a day. You won't be sorry.

Yup. Took me 1 trip to see body damage with body mounted rubi sliders. Oh well.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks for all of the insight. My yj has frame mounted rails. I'll stick with something similar.

Top Bottom