DIY Spod- Waytekwire

Rogue26

I wonder if the bussman is mounted there or just sitting in that spot. Trying to figure how fab a bracket for that spot. It is pretty tight there. In the process of building something for under the hood midway on the drivers side. There is a small area that is the perfect size for the panel. Will hopefully have something made later tonight or tomorrow for it

CZEBJKU

The op mounted his under the dash and just zip tied it in place. I mounted mine under the hood near the battery as shown in the picture. I didn't want mine mounted in the cab or that close to the cab filters.

Attachments

• 1452210440100.jpg
    1452210440100.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 467

matt87951

This might be kind of a dumb question, but does the 46343 Relay/Fuse Panel have anything to fully encase it? Specifically the bottom, where all the wires come out of it? I know it has a lid to cover up the relays and fuses, but I'm more worried about the bottom, to cover up the wires and make it a little safer when mounting it under the hood. Any thoughts on this?

Last edited:

CZEBJKU

This might be kind of a dumb question, but does the 46343 Relay/Fuse Panel have anything to fully encase it? Specifically the bottom, where all the wires come out of it? I know it has a lid to cover up the relays and fuses, but I'm more worried about the bottom, to cover up the wires and make it a little safer when mounting it under the hood. Any thoughts on this?

I don't know of any closure made specifically for the bottom of the Bussman panel. I have had mine under my hood for 3 years now and have had no issues with it. I have thought about mounting it inside another, more weather proof box.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1460508292.138363.jpg use the appropriate seals for the gauge of wire your using and they will be water tight! I also sourced some red and black overs go go over my 8ga wire for "PO's" and "neg" connections to the buss. That way nothing will touch and arc.

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Anyone else have difficulty getting their Daystar lower dash panel to stay in? Mine keeps popping out, even though the wiring is out of the way.

The stock panel uses four orange clips while the Daystar only uses two. The two clips don't have the strength to hold the panel in sufficiently. What I did was use all four original clips with two stacked on top of each other on each side of the Daystar panel. She hasn't budged since I did that and it's still removable if need be (as opposed to gluing it).

alf1096

Got a few quick questions before I embark on building one.

1. Will this work with an arb compressor. It was hinted on but I don't remember seeing a definite answer.

2. And the ARB air locker solenoids.

3. Lets say your hooking up a light. The power wire goes to the diy spod and the neg wire is just grounded to the nearest place?

4. I can add 4 fused items to this box in addition to the 5 switches. Looking to run heated seats off this too.

also not this forum but is there a mount that will mount switches above the rear view window.

Thanks I read all 60 pages and just want to be clear.

Last edited:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Got a few quick questions before I embark on building one.

1. Will this work with an arb compressor. It was hinted on but I don't remember seeing a definite answer.

2. And the ARB air locker solenoids.

3. Lets say your hooking up a light. The power wire goes to the diy spod and the neg wire is just grounded to the nearest place?

also not this forum but is there a mount that will mount switches above the rear view window.

Thanks I read all 60 pages and just want to be clear.

Yes
Yes
Not 100% sure. Would have to look at mine again

CZEBJKU

As long as you have a chases ground on your switch then you can run the neg wire from the light to any ground. Just make sure it's making good contact. And what cozdude said on the other two questions.

alf1096

Not doubting it can be done but trying to understand. The twin arb compressor is 56 amps if I found the right info. There is no way it will work with a 35 amp relay right.

CZEBJKU

Not doubting it can be done but trying to understand. The twin arb compressor is 56 amps if I found the right info. There is no way it will work with a 35 amp relay right.

Sorry I did not see where you mentioned an ARB twin. Mine is a single and works just fine with the DIY Spod. You are correct, you will not be able to run your twin through the relay that is in the Bussman panel. Unfortunately I cannot find a micro relay that will handle those amps (50+) that will work in the Bussman panel.

alf1096

Sorry I did not see where you mentioned an ARB twin. Mine is a single and works just fine with the DIY Spod. You are correct, you will not be able to run your twin through the relay that is in the Bussman panel. Unfortunately I cannot find a micro relay that will handle those amps (50+) that will work in the Bussman panel.

I did not mention it. Might just go the single route.

Thanks

alf1096

I did not mention it. Might just go the single route.

Thanks

Top Bottom