Do you tow your Jeep in a toy-hauler?

I-Eat-Mud

Leave it to me to bring the redneck crap to the thread. I'm planning on building a crawler hauler sooner than later. I'm basically shooting for this. Will still be able to use the trailer for anything else if needed, and you can get the camping portion set up on the cheap.
crawlerhauler2.jpg crawlerhauler1.jpg

Not my pics, but that's the plan. Significantly less nice than most of the other options in this thread, but you can get slide in campers for under a grand all day.

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
Leave it to me to bring the redneck crap to the thread. I'm planning on building a crawler hauler sooner than later. I'm basically shooting for this. Will still be able to use the trailer for anything else if needed, and you can get the camping portion set up on the cheap.
View attachment 310742 View attachment 310743

Not my pics, but that's the plan. Significantly less nice than most of the other options in this thread, but you can get slide in campers for under a grand all day.
Those "redneck" setups still work well. My buddy is making one now but he's using a larger camper on the front vs a truck bed one. He's been looking at 20' campers to go on his 40' trailer.

Sent from my SM-G960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

jesse3638

Hooked
View attachment 310742 View attachment 310743

Built not bought..haha. Hell if it works, why not!

wjtstudios

Hooked
What you got going on has been my plan, but so much goes on at the hotel after a day of riding I feel like I would rather just pay for the hotel. I’m still on the fence...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I do agree with staying in hotel with everyone. Half the fun is hearing all the stories from the day out on the trail and then looking forward to the next one. Just need open goose to get you to and from.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Kuboske

Good idea. My thoughts are just put the truck camper in the dually and then tow my Jeep on a Featherlite alum car hauler that I've already got. Looking for a Ram 3500, now. The other idea in my head is a Featherlite race car hauler or even better a Sundowner Garage Model. Built to commercial standards, (riveted aluminum sides, like a semi trailer) they are a MUCH better investment than any fiberglass bonded to plywood, camper type toy hauler. Featherlite has been building all the race trailers for the pros for years. Sundowner is just redesigning their top notch horse trailers for the auto enthusiast market. You can even order them with polished stainless sides.
For guys on a budget, like me, you can even buy a used pro quality horse trailer and remove the gates and make your own garage model.
Here is some pics of the Sundowner, pulled from the web...
Sundowner.jpg Sundowner2.jpg

Kuboske.

metalic

D6B7AB1F-7944-494C-812E-B21D0735901F.jpeg We haul our JKU in this. 40’ with factory LQ. It’s an 08 model and can be had reasonable if your not in a hurry and willing to travel for the right deal

Top Bottom