Do Yourself a Favor - Regear Your 2012-Up JK!!

Brankz

I'm not regearing for now but just so I know, on my 08 when I upgrade from my 33s to 35s, what gears will be best? 4.88s?

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I'm not regearing for now but just so I know, on my 08 when I upgrade from my 33s to 35s, what gears will be best? 4.88s?

Because you have the D30 upfront 4.88 is the highest gear ratio that is recommended. Any higher and you make the diff the weak point. But with the 3.8, 4.88 is what I would go with for 35s.

Ziloh22

This is good to know, always loved the Rubicat setup. I know a few guys that run the stock 4.10s with 37s. And me personally never got the chance to experience 5.13s on any of my jkus yet. So this will def be on the Xmas list. Loving the new app btw.

Jorge1004

What gears brand do you guys recommend I was going to go with 4.10 but now reading this I'm definitely going to go with 4.88 for 35"

RockyJk

What gears brand do you guys recommend I was going to go with 4.10 but now reading this I'm definitely going to go with 4.88 for 35"

Whatever is cheaper? Lol they are all made in the same factory just stamped with different brands...

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

Whatever is cheaper? Lol they are all made in the same factory just stamped with different brands...

what rockyjk said^^^ they are all made by the same manufacture in korea. if you take a look at them they all have the same stamp on them. so as mention just look for the cheapest kit or the cheapest installed in your area. i drove 2 hours to a guy in NJ that had a $1000 speacial on gear and install just like evo does so i couldnt pass it up.

Rubizon

If any of you are in the NorCal area I know a guy who does gears out of his house. Knows a ton about what he is doing and if you bring him a gear package you purchased it's $600 for install if you leave your jeep there and even less if you bring just the axles.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Yup, what he said ^^^

4ws.com also has a real good package deal.

Maybe so but it'd be nice if guys on here would support vendors that help make this forum available for you to use for FREE, especially when their pricing is the same if not better.

The gears are Yukon which is a solid gear.

As mentioned, they're all the same gear.

Rubizon

Yup, what he said ^^^

Maybe so but it'd be nice if guys on here would support vendors that help make this forum available for you to use for FREE, especially when their pricing is the same if not better.

As mentioned, they're all the same gear.

Totally agree! Didn't intend to not show support to any vendors. I have purchased a lot from northridge already myself. Just wanted to throw it out there.

chttrbx

Wish i could take advantage of this Off Road Evolution's $999 special, but being that I'm in Ohio it is a little far. Anyone have a good shop within 500 miles to recommend?

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Wish i could take advantage of this Off Road Evolution's $999 special, but being that I'm in Ohio it is a little far. Anyone have a good shop within 500 miles to recommend?

To be honest, I would say any reputable standard auto repair shop in your area would be a place to start. Check around and see if any have techs that are comfortable or have experience setting up gears. However if you go this route and don't take it to a 4x4/performance shop, I would bring your own gears from Northridge4x4 or other source. A standard independent repair shop may not have access to 'taller' gears for a JK. If they do, they'll mark the price up. Even though I have experience installing gears, I too wish I was closer to ORE, $999 is a hell of a deal and worth it to me not to have to mess with installing gears myself.

Jorge1004

To be honest, I would say any reputable standard auto repair shop in your area would be a place to start. Check around and see if any have techs that are comfortable or have experience setting up gears. However if you go this route and don't take it to a 4x4/performance shop, I would bring your own gears from Northridge4x4 or other source. A standard independent repair shop may not have access to 'taller' gears for a JK. If they do, they'll mark the price up. Even though I have experience installing gears, I too wish I was closer to ORE, $999 is a hell of a deal and worth it to me not to have to mess with installing gears myself.

I got a shop by me that would install my gears for 600 if I bring in my own gears seems like a good price to me

Jorge1004

What do you guys think should I do my gears first or tires then gear I have 3.21 and I want to go with 4.88 and I want to go with a 35" tire what do you guys think?

Top Bottom