Do Yourself a Favor - Regear Your 2012-Up JK!!

noroad

Yeah....Ive been wondering about the ECO...I have a 2013 sport so ghat means a D30...I want to find the right gearing for 35's and then 37's later which will put me back into ECO ON range...I am typically cruising 60
-70....and want to find the right ratio to eek out slightly better mpg.

ECO and 37s dont work my friend you bought a jeep lol

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry about that, I must have over looked the fact that you are going to be running 35's. Yes, 4.88's are what I would go with for them.

Hell_Fire

Eco does work on 37s, the light is on and in my mind it's working lol, just switch your display so you don't see the fuel consumption and you all good lol

Mexican_Guard

So 4:88 are what im going with. Seems to be the popular choice for 35s on a 2 door manual. Would these fit in my stock axle? I dont know what to do with my hands when it comes to regearing. What all would i need to purchase? I have a 2 door sport.

cctroupe

Eco does work on 37s, the light is on and in my mind it's working lol, just switch your display so you don't see the fuel consumption and you all good lol

Agreed, lol. I was cruising yesterday and went to mess with my odometer button to clear the trip meter and noticed that Eco was ON...with 37's and 3.21's. I think my Jeep might have been a little full of shit.

Hell_Fire

Agreed, lol. I was cruising yesterday and went to mess with my odometer button to clear the trip meter and noticed that Eco was ON...with 37's and 3.21's. I think my Jeep might have been a little full of shit.

Eco settings are for JKs that never go offroad and Priuses lol

Grimm_Monstrum

So I have a a 2011 2 door jk with the 3.8 stock gears d30 front d44 rear of course and I'm running 33's I want to Go to 37's I wheel when I often but I do a ton of road driving so what would be my ideal gear ratio that I should run everyone keeps telling me not to go 5.13's but to go 4.56's any help would be much appreciated

So I have a a 2011 2 door jk with the 3.8 stock gears d30 front d44 rear of course and I'm running 33's I want to Go to 37's I wheel when I often but I do a ton of road driving so what would be my ideal gear ratio that I should run everyone keeps telling me not to go 5.13's but to go 4.56's any help would be much appreciated

There are a lot of opinions on this... Personally, I wouldn't want to run anything higher (numerically) than a 4.88 on a D30 diff, but I agree the 5.13 gears would be better performing, especially for a 3.8L engine.

Grimm_Monstrum

There are a lot of opinions on this... Personally, I wouldn't want to run anything higher (numerically) than a 4.88 on a D30 diff, but I agree the 5.13 gears would be better performing, especially for a 3.8L engine.

Ok with running a minimum of 4.88's due to the d30 what do you thing about 4.56's because that's what I keep getting told to run ?

Ok with running a minimum of 4.88's due to the d30 what do you thing about 4.56's because that's what I keep getting told to run ?

Sorry, I misread your original post. I think you will still be a little dissatisfied with 37s and 4.56s with a 3.8L. The two guys I know with this combo are....

Edit to add that it does make a difference what kind of wheeling you do. If it's slow and in the rocks you will like this combo less than one who does more log-road type wheeling.

Last edited:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

5.13's will be perfect 37's but like was said it will not be ideal to run them in the D30. that being said i run 5.13's in my D30 with my 35's but that because i plan on going to 37's and i also am planning for a PR44 in the near future.

Grimm_Monstrum

Sorry, I misread your original post. I think you will still be a little dissatisfied with 37s and 4.56s with a 3.8L. The two guys I know with this combo are....

Edit to add that it does make a difference what kind of wheeling you do. If it's slow and in the rocks you will like this combo less than one who does more log-road type wheeling.

So 4.88's then ? And I do mostly rocks slow crawling some mud and sand here and there

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua

Here's how Eco mode works: take foot off gas pedal = Eco mode
Put foot on gas pedal slightly = Eco mode off :D

It's just a gimmick.

It's not a gimmick or a mode. It is just letting you know you are driving in an economical manner. It's basically an idiot light. I like it and try to drive so it stays on. Nothing wrong with trying to squeeze every last mpg out of her as I pay top inflated dollar for gasoline.

JKWrang

It's not a gimmick or a mode. It is just letting you know you are driving in an economical manner. It's basically an idiot light. I like it and try to drive so it stays on. Nothing wrong with trying to squeeze every last mpg out of her as I pay top inflated dollar for gasoline.

That.

Eco mode doesn't have engine altering features, its the same as putting the green band on the rpm range like my sport has telling you you're in acceptable rpm ranges for max fuel economy.

The computerized eco mode might account for more variables but essentially its calculating your current mpg (instant) and assessing the normalcy of that value.

Sent via secret squirrel underground network.

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua

That.

Eco mode doesn't have engine altering features, its the same as putting the green band on the rpm range like my sport has telling you you're in acceptable rpm ranges for max fuel economy.

The computerized eco mode might account for more variables but essentially its calculating your current mpg (instant) and assessing the normalcy of that value.

Sent via secret squirrel underground network.

We'll like I said it's not a mode at all. Per the manual, yes I'm that nerd, it's just letting you know you're driving conservatively. Just a light.

Top Bottom