Driveshaft opinion

socc3rakd25

Haven't heard too much on this topic. I'm looking to buy an aftermarket front driveshaft now that I just installed a 4.5" lift and I would really like to get some input on the best quality driveshaft. Heard alot of good things about Tom Wood's and J.E. Reel.
Thanks

I would recommend purchasing a Coast or JE Reel Driveshaft. They come standard with Neapco or Spicer U-Joints which are of much nicer quality than the U-Joints that come standard on the Woods Driveshafts.

i use tom woods shafts....put them on my 92 yj then my 01 LR D2....love the quality of TW.
i am looking at replacing my stocker with a TW shaft soon.

So long as it's balanced well, a drive shaft is a drive shaft. If you insist on getting a woods shaft, just make sure to upgrade the u-joints to Neapco or Spicer as the ones that come standard on them are sub-standard Chinese joints. I have seen them fail time and time again in situations that higher quality ones would not.

So long as it's balanced well, a drive shaft is a drive shaft. If you insist on getting a woods shaft, just make sure to upgrade the u-joints to Neapco or Spicer as the ones that come standard on them are sub-standard Chinese joints. I have seen them fail time and time again in situations that higher quality ones would not.

Appreciate it, I'll be ordering the J.E. Reel 1311 tonight.

Eddie has mentioned it before. I believe it every 2 years depending on how much water/mud you see.

Paratroopers stay up longer!

Top Bottom