Dubaibentzen's build of Iceberg

Dubaibentzen

"Polar Bear" is coming to an end, and I need a name for my next project: a '13 White Sahara Unlimited... What could be more fitting than "Iceberg", since it's going to be bigger and stronger than my 2-door. Plus I still find the whole Arctic theme very ironic, living in Dubai with its 50°C in the summer (122 for those using Fahrenheit...)

The Build plan:
- A used 2013 JK Sahara Unlimited (slightly damaged...)
- 3" EVO Enforcer lift kit
- 2.5 Kings with adjusters
- 37" Coopers STT PRO
- ATX slabs
- EVO 1/4 pounder, rear fascia and D-rings
- Powertank and monster valves 2
- Custom fiber hood with lots of vents
- Custom fiber slant back hardtop
- Crawlerconceptz body mounted tire carrier
- PoisonSpyder side armor and steps
- 5.13 Regearing
- Cut fenders
- J.E.Reel 1350 front driveshaft
- Dynatrac ProRock44 (or maybe starting with a used Dana44 Rubicon front axle)

Dubaibentzen

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1461947720.507109.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1461947740.378480.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1461947769.099238.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1461947785.034730.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1461947806.153076.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1461947829.741715.jpg
So here she is. A bit of touching up to do. Got it from an insurance company at a very reasonable price. Made a good agreement with a nice workshop in Sharjah (next to Dubai). He will fix the front and replace the needed items. Once that is done we can start building.

Dubaibentzen

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1461948864.227068.jpg
Luckily work allowed me to get a trip to LAX last week. 16 hours flight time. Whew! But after some sleep it's was time for a road trip to my favorite off road shop: Offroad Evolution.

Dubaibentzen

Spent about 10 hours driving around and also went and had a look at Crawlerconceptz and PoisonSpyder further out to the East. Bought a body mounted tire carrier from CC, which I think will look good with the no bumper look and EVO D-rings. I will powder coat it while to match the body.

Dubaibentzen

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1461949286.162475.jpg
Time to pick up a set of 2.5 King Shocks with remote reservoir and compression adjusters. Had a chance to say hi to Mel and Drew. Awesome guys and super helpful.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1461949414.633447.jpg
Trunk is filling up. Suitcase is going to be VERY heavy on the way back!

WJCO

Meme King
Very cool. That's determination right there. Fly around the world to bring back Jeep parts in a suitcase! Good to see you building again.

Dubaibentzen

Coming along nicely, can't wait to see it all built up!
Thank you.

Very cool. That's determination right there. Fly around the world to bring back Jeep parts in a suitcase! Good to see you building again.
Thanks. I even had to get an extra bag to fit the Crawlerconceptz tire carrier. Looked everywhere and finally found a hockey bag in Sports Nation. That metal thing is 42" long. Total weight of my two bags on return was about 60kgs. And the 4 Kings juuuust fit in a standard samsonite. Beefy stuff.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1461955053.393630.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1461955103.670078.jpg

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
So awesome picking up parts like that. Just out of curiosity, how long does it typically take for your stuff to ship from the states?

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Spent about 10 hours driving around and also went and had a look at Crawlerconceptz and PoisonSpyder further out to the East. Bought a body mounted tire carrier from CC, which I think will look good with the no bumper look and EVO D-rings. I will powder coat it while to match the body.

I also think that will look great. I'm looking forward to the pictures. :yup:

WJCO

Meme King
Thank you.

Thanks. I even had to get an extra bag to fit the Crawlerconceptz tire carrier. Looked everywhere and finally found a hockey bag in Sports Nation. That metal thing is 42" long. Total weight of my two bags on return was about 60kgs. And the 4 Kings juuuust fit in a standard samsonite. Beefy stuff.

That's awesome!

Top Bottom