DynoMax 2012-Up JK Evolution Competition Exhaust System Installation Write-Up

NAUJK

Something to do with the mounts not lining up and it causing things to heat up and melt the E-Brake line or something like that. After hearing this exhaust on RubiCat last weekend at the Expo I really want it I was hesitant at first because I thought it would be to loud but it really wasn't I loved how it sounded! But I dont want to buy it and it get here and found out the mounts dont line up and it doesn't fit and that it could possibly cause problems but if it does work I may pull the trigger on it!

StrizzyChris

The only modification that I needed to make in my 2013 JKUR was that the Evap mounting plate has a lip around the entire edge. So I took a grinding wheel and went to town on it to make it close to flush so the bracket would sit flat. Other than that I did nothing. I cant speak on the heating issue, since I have had no issues so far.

P3100196_zps49a6e6a5.jpg

P3100195_zpsf7eae997.jpg

P3100194_zpsb99219c3.jpg

NAUJK

So I guess the ultimate question, If I were to order this, it will work with no problems on my 2009 2 door?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
They don't make this one for the 2 door I don't think. You can make it work though and many have.

they do make it for a 2 door. just says that it requires 2 inches of trimming for it to fit properly. i was looking at it for mine for a long time but found out that i wouldnt pass inspection with it :(

NAUJK

they do make it for a 2 door. just says that it requires 2 inches of trimming for it to fit properly. i was looking at it for mine for a long time but found out that i wouldnt pass inspection with it :(

Ahh see if I was still in Colorado I wouldn't pass inspections but now that I am in Arizona I will cus I dont live in Phoenix or Tucson so I dont have to get inspected.. :thumb:

BlackKnight

Ahh see if I was still in Colorado I wouldn't pass inspections but now that I am in Arizona I will cus I dont live in Phoenix or Tucson so I dont have to get inspected.. :thumb:

Won't pass because of the lack of CAT? or that the opening is under the vehicle and not out the back/side?

JK BRO

So I guess the ultimate question, If I were to order this, it will work with no problems on my 2009 2 door?

It'll work perfectly on your 2 dr with the recommended cut to the mid pipe. I did it a couple weeks ago. It was very easy

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Those of you with this exhaust, does it drone on the highway?? I have a dynomax vt right now but wouldn't mind a little extra clearance with this one....but definitely don't want ANY form of drone.

munstie

I'm running the rock crawler version and haven't noticed any drone outta it

2011 JKU 3.5 R.E. Longarm lift.

pastorwug

My wife just bought this Dynomax Comp exhaust for my birthday, so I'm excited to install and get some approach (or exit?) angle in the rear without the OEM exhaust can hanging on the rear.
$177 with free shipping on Amazon, plus tax - about $190. in CA - best deal I could find.

Top Bottom