Emma's Skin Rejuvenation Therapy

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
First post from a lurker. Eddie do you know about the JCCA 50th Anniversary meet next year in Moab?

I am aware of it and while I would love to attend, I don't think I could make it nor do I think I'd want to take Emma out to Moab in her current state.

GCM 2

Still lurking

I just came to the thread because of the deceivingly awesome title. Body work is looking solid :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Acupuncture Therapy
Well before there were guys with Jeep JK Wranglers who inadvertently allowed their doors to fly open and put a nice dimple in cowl, there were guys who owned C101 Jeepster Commandos who did the exact same thing. Granted, the Commandos did come with built in mechanical door straps but time would take their toll on them and they would break and well, you know the rest. Unfortunately, Emma was no exception to the rule and both sides of her cowl had pretty good dents put into them and unfortunately, getting in from behind to tap them out is near impossible. Needless to say, a little acupuncture therapy was needed to help rid her of her dimples.

The dimple on the passenger side cowl wasn't too bad but was still deep enough that I wanted to have it pulled out.
main.php

On the driver side, it was pretty clear that Emma not only had her cowl hit hard in the past, it had been repaired once before and then hit again or maybe even a few times since.
main.php

Chipping away at the old bondo reveled the original dent was pretty deep.
main.php

Foundation can be good to help hide wrinkles but it should never really be laid on this thick.
main.php

Cleaning up the paint on the passenger side to give me a good clean surface to work with.
main.php

Applying stud welds to the affected area.
main.php

Using a slide hammer to carefully tap the surface back out, the results are looking good.
main.php

After applying a little skin cream, smoothing things out and applying a bit of base makeup, here's what her cowls look like now.
main.php

main.php

Here's a shot of both the repaired fender and cowl on the passenger side.
main.php

I apologize for not documenting more than I have but I hope this helps give a taste of the things I've been working on. :cool:

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
nicely done for sure ... from someone who has done a bit of bodywork when I was a bit younger than I am today .. now I just don't have the patience for it ...

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks guys! Definitely takes a lot of patients and it's the reason why I'm just do a bit here and there at a time. :crazyeyes:

Bullwinckle

Hooked
That's looking good! I know I could never do body work myself I just don't have the patience for it. Besides I don't want to screw anything up worse than it already is.

jesse3638

Hooked
I just came to the thread because of the deceivingly awesome title. Body work is looking solid :thumb:

Welcome to WAL!..haha Long time no see.

That's looking good! I know I could never do body work myself I just don't have the patience for it. Besides I don't want to screw anything up worse than it already is.

My rule for anything is to always learn, try it for myself, if it fails or isn't to my liking then pay someone..haha. Hell, I never installed a lift on anything before and did my own long arm kit in my garage..;). Just be patient.

Looking good Eddie. Was that the pin welder tool thing they sell at HF? Looks like it worked well.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
LOL!! Glad you like the makeup references and yes, working on Emma is therapy for me as well :D

Top Bottom