EVØ Plush Ride 4" OR Rubicon express 4.5" long arm

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Just got done replacing my RE 3.5 superflex with a RK 3.5 mid arm kit. While I can't comment on the difference in ride yet (frigging dealership has had my Jeep in the shop for 6 weeks now :furious3:)
I can tell you I weighed the control arms on a scale and the RK's weigh double what the RE arms do. IMO the joints are much better as well. I know weight does not necessarily mean its better, but if you put the two side by side you'd pick the RK every time. I wouldn't say the RE kit is junk but there is a marked difference between the two.

I have to say I have never seen a negative post on the EVO plush rides anywhere. I probably would have gone to them if I wasn't wanting to get rid of all of my RE arms at the same time.

Sounds liked you are ready to pull the trigger on something. Make sure you do your homework! Don't be afraid to call one of the supporting vendors listed on this site and ask lots of questions as well. I did not do enough of this and ended up spending unnecessary money.

It's beefier for sure. The RE kit uses thin DOM compared to other kits. I use to have an RE trackbar for shows just to show how light weight it was.

I have to say, I got to check out Rock krawlers new joints at Offroad expo this weekend. I was impressed with the quality of the new joints. The new pressure injected bushing feel good. He machinery work on the housing is nice as well. I'll even go out on a limb and say it appears to be higher quality than the Currie joints.

However I'll need to see these really abused like I've witness the Currie Johnny joint take.

Top Bottom