EVO mfg rear bolton D-Ring mounts install help

Gotta thank you guys for all the input. Install went really smoothly because of all the info you put up here. :thumb:

You have to cut quite a bit to make it flush. This first picture shows the cut off part sitting up on top of the crossmember, and the 2nd picture shows roughly how it should look when done.

View attachment 227473

View attachment 227474

I just installed these today and didn't cut the frame because I noticed I would be cutting the welds of the crossmember. My question to you is, did you re-weld the crossmember to the rails, or just left it the way it is in the first pic?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I just installed these today and didn't cut the frame because I noticed I would be cutting the welds of the crossmember. My question to you is, did you re-weld the crossmember to the rails, or just left it the way it is in the first pic?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

We left it. The crossmember is still welded to the top and bottom of the frame and is still welded along its center seam. Just a small portion of the weld is cut off.

Is that how they all fit? Deep in the rail.
Looks terrible.

That's why people trim the rails :)

For Mine, only one fit in the frame initially. One frame rail had too thick of weld bead/slag to let it in. I had to file down some of the slag after I trimmed the end and then it went in well.

I know this is old thread but has anyone who cut the frame gone back or switched directions and put a GenRight or CC rear bumper on? And did you have any issues?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I know this is old thread but has anyone who cut the frame gone back or switched directions and put a GenRight or CC rear bumper on? And did you have any issues?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Assuming you're talking about removing Evo D-ring holders, you should be fine to switch to a full bumper if you just trimmed down the framerails to be flush with the crossmember.

But if you cut the frame to install one of those "high clearance" rears, then you're SOL.

Assuming you're talking about removing Evo D-ring holders, you should be fine to switch to a full bumper if you just trimmed down the framerails to be flush with the crossmember.

But if you cut the frame to install one of those "high clearance" rears, then you're SOL.
Your assumption is correct Sir. Thank you for the answer.

Last edited:
Top Bottom