Fifty Build Thread

Redrubi1

Anvil Build Thread "Fifty"

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1419648527.505005.jpg I managed to trash my 2010 Wrangler at Easter Jeep Safari this in April of 2013. Fortunately no one was injured too badly and my wife was a really good sport about it. I wanted to get another Red one but finding a standard transmission these days is hard so after looking through literally 100 JKUs in the San Antonio area I came across a 2014 JKU Sport with a standard transmission that was owned by one of the salesman. He had an itch for a Rubicon so I made him an offer and came home with "Fifty". Here's a few pics of the buildup....

Attachments

• Thing1 Rolled.jpg
    Thing1 Rolled.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 1,946
  • PU Fifty.jpg
    PU Fifty.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 1,948
  • Fifty and Thing 1.jpg
    Fifty and Thing 1.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 1,964
  • Fifty all tore up.jpg
    Fifty all tore up.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 1,963
Last edited:

SKT

In early for this build thread.

Looks like your red '10 was nicely built.

JKsix

So I managed to trash my 2010 Wrangler at Easter Jeep Safari this year. Fortunately no one was injured too badly and my wife was a really good sport about it. I wanted to get another Red one but finding a standard transmission these days is hard so after looking through literally 100 JKUs in the San Antonio area I came across a 2014 JKU Sport with a standard transmission that was owned by one of the salesman. He had an itch for a Rubicon so I made him an offer and came home with Fifty. She's now at Trail Jeeps in Boulder, CO getting parts transferred from the red jeep to the Anvil. My buddy who's on this forum bought the red jeep "carcass" and is in the process of turning it into a super cool JK8. Anyway here she goes.......

Sucks about your 2010 but I'm stoked too see your 2014 after the parts transfer!

Redrubi1

10516671_680582368680185_8176273773321402877_n.jpg

As the prior jeep was so dang heavy I'm trying to cut weight where I can. I really like the tough looks of the EVO MFG 1/4 pounder but the steel version is over 90 pounds. The Aluminum version, however, is only 26 pounds. So hanging 70 pounds less off the front of your jeep is huge.

Redrubi1

I saw both of your Jeeps when I was at Trail Jeeps in early September. The new one is going to be really nice.

Hey thanks. I'm looking forward to getting it back....just waiting for the rebuilt shocks and bypasses to get back from the factory.

linehand08

great build gives me inspiration to start my build thread. but I went with the gen right cage. Huge mistake as to now everything inside will have to be custom built.

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
I saw both of your Jeeps when I was at Trail Jeeps in early September. The new one is going to be really nice.

X2.......I saw them there as well in late November when I stopped in to talk to Wes about my build........looks like it's coming along well...love the hood :thumb:......can't wait to get mine out there and started on

~Woodrow~

Top Bottom