Finally popping the question.. but where in Colorado should I do it?

Tx07JKU

Besides this advice. You should also start planning for the divorce trail now. They get crowded these days.

But congrats!!!

Lol. I'll start preparing for the worst, but I do hope for the best. Thanks for the wisdom. Lol. :peace:

boardsurfer

Thanks boardsurfer! The pics look great. That one definitely makes the list. Thanks!

No problem. On a side note, I ran Twin Cone just yesterday. It was a fair bit more difficult than I anticipated. It was one of those "the pictures dont do it justice" moments. The final couple climbs to the peak are very steep and loose, strewn with boulders.

This is a very small example:

11219723_10205978583857723_8713122748337524111_n.jpg

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
The Crystal Mill near Marble is a great suggestion. My personal favorite is Yankee Basin near Ouray. The Columbines there are beautiful and the ladies love it. All the best for a long and happy marriage.:yup: Yankee Basin.jpg

Tx07JKU

No problem. On a side note, I ran Twin Cone just yesterday. It was a fair bit more difficult than I anticipated. It was one of those "the pictures dont do it justice" moments. The final couple climbs to the peak are very steep and loose, strewn with boulders.

This is a very small example:

View attachment 152353

Thank you for the heads up! Man, I really need some quick disconnects for that one. I haven't disconnected the front yet. I've heard it's time consuming too. What are your thoughts on the subject?

Tx07JKU

The Crystal Mill near Marble is a great suggestion. My personal favorite is Yankee Basin near Ouray. The Columbines there are beautiful and the ladies love it. All the best for a long and happy marriage.:yup: View attachment 152370

I keep hearing about Yankee basin, I think it is definitely in the running. Great pic BTW, and thanks for your input. :)

boardsurfer

Thank you for the heads up! Man, I really need some quick disconnects for that one. I haven't disconnected the front yet. I've heard it's time consuming too. What are your thoughts on the subject?

Quick disconnects are a bit time consuming and a pain in the butt. I think the JKS product is pretty popular. Personally I run the EVO no limits. It is probably my favorite thing I have put on my Jeep. No tools, no hassle. Just a few turns on the knob and done.

AU Bronc N JK

if you enjoy hiking, I actually took the wife to Mohawk Lake Trail in Breckenridge... made her hike up 2.5 hours.. but the views were beautiful and she had no idea! I asked her there in 2013!

Good luck wherever you go!

Luke

Tx07JKU

if you enjoy hiking, I actually took the wife to Mohawk Lake Trail in Breckenridge... made her hike up 2.5 hours.. but the views were beautiful and she had no idea! I asked her there in 2013!

Good luck wherever you go!

Luke

Thanks AU! I'll definitely look up that trail. Thanks for the input and positive motivation. :peace:

Petzl88

Piney River Ranch, it is the most beautiful spot I've been to.

This place is amazing. I have to think about where. You don't want to go on some 5-7 rated trail and get stuck or break something and then have to hike out!

Red Cone & Twin Cone are too technical/difficult in my opinion. Peak 10 would be great. Santa Fe Peak looks awesome. I would stay at a 3-4 level on Trail Damage.

Last edited:

Tx07JKU

Hello everyone, sorry I have been away for a bit. It was hectic getting everything ready for the trip. Today is the big day. I'm going to start out at Peru creek, I chose this trail mainly because of how close it is to where we are staying. I hope to run chihuahua gulch while there too. Thanks again to everyone for the great tips and good wishes. I'll post pics after the trail. Keep on keeping on. :peace:

Good luck with the proposal, she will appreciate any thought and attempt at being different with the proposal !!! Way to go and again, good luck and be safe!!!! :thumb:

Coloradan

Hello everyone, sorry I have been away for a bit. It was hectic getting everything ready for the trip. Today is the big day. I'm going to start out at Peru creek, I chose this trail mainly because of how close it is to where we are staying. I hope to run chihuahua gulch while there too. Thanks again to everyone for the great tips and good wishes. I'll post pics after the trail. Keep on keeping on. :peace:

Great spot! I took a picture of Peru Creek the other week from above, it should be a great trail. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1439093500.650405.jpg

Top Bottom