Firefighter and Law Enforcement Wayalifers! The Official Public safety Wayalife thread

Jackal01

Welp....tides shifted. I accepted a full time E/O position!!!!! Apparently an applicant dropped out despite official notifications going out that the positions were all filled.

It was a rough week, though. :crazyeyes: Now to start the weekend off right. Looking forward to 2 days on and 4 days off....until I find a part time job. lol

Napalm

Welp....tides shifted. I accepted a full time E/O position!!!!! Apparently an applicant dropped out despite official notifications going out that the positions were all filled.

It was a rough week, though. :crazyeyes: Now to start the weekend off right. Looking forward to 2 days on and 4 days off....until I find a part time job. lol

Nice brother!! Congrats man!!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

USMC Wrangler

Congrats!

Overall "build thread"
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?26097-I-guess-it-s-the-quot-Super-Stocker-quot-build

DIY trail/tube door build http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?24449-My-DIY-Doors

Congrats Jackel!

I was hanging out at my parents the other day and figured you guys would get a kick out of this. My dads Probie lid from the 70's.
And his gold axe he received when he retired in 07.

IMG_4780.JPG .

IMG_4830.JPG .

JJK

Awesome news!! Driver is by far the greatest position in the fire service.

Jackal01

While I'd like to agree.. how can anyone stand and operate a pump panel while there is perfectly good interior attack work needing to be done! :) hahaha!!

Just kidding, my dad was a driver for 5 years or so before he made Captain.

For me, pumping is just as much fun as going inside but being full time I would choose EO hands down.
View attachment 234177 picture says it all!!

I was a CO at a prison while in college. At the Ferguson Unit in Midway, north of Huntsville, for the local. They offered me outside picket duty. I turned it down and stayed inside. All the action is inside!

Jackal01

I hear ya brother. Awesome you're going full time FD. Do you know what your apparatus assignment will be yet? Engine or Truck ?

So all full time EOs operate Pierce Velocity PUCs as the first out truck. Then each EO is cleared on each apparatus on their station. My current station as a volunteer, where full timers are currently also, has a pumper, our one 105' tower, our one rehab, and one of three boosters. The station I am going to has the same pumper and booster and then our one tanker. The tower is my absolute favorite truck to pump, operate and fight fire on so I am sad to be moving. I hope to one day return to my home station. The station I am going to, however, is our HQ so all our chiefs are there along with admin staff. My wife Angela is the office manager's assistant so when I am on shift I will get to irritate her with my presence. If a specialty truck (rescue, tank or tower) gets called specifically for mutual aid or a couple other instances, that truck is taken instead of the pumper. So not totally bad but I think I would rather be at home with the tower! :yup: Truckie at heart for sure.

Edwrds

Caught the Bug
For me, pumping is just as much fun as going inside but being full time I would choose EO hands down.

I was a CO at a prison while in college. At the Ferguson Unit in Midway, north of Huntsville, for the local. They offered me outside picket duty. I turned it down and stayed inside. All the action is inside!

Yea I've been doing it for awhile 18 years. Just promoted to SGT. Been working level 4 my whole career California's finest.

Top Bottom