First taste of death wobble

black pearl

Hooked
What lift? Some kits use cam bolts rather than extended lower control arms. I found my old jeep had this when I started to get death wobble. I had ORE fix this and install new BJs, this fixed my problem.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

It's a 2.5 lift right now all stock control arms till I get my bigger lift. when I had the alignment checked caster was at 4.3 my shocks are leaking some from using them as limiting straps I know that can help contribute to the issue

black pearl

Hooked
Well after the last time it did it I went through checked and re torqued the track bar and check torque on all the other bolts and called it good at the moment today did it again so I finally checked the ball joints they are shot... who has the syenergy heavy duty Greaseable ball joints

JDDK

get prosteers and dont waste your money or time on synergys like i did.

PM me for custom quilts anytime

deezus

Haven't had death wobble, but since I've run big tires and wheel spacers I've been through 3 sets of sub part ball joints. I learned the hard, expensive way, that I should've went Prosteers all along. If you can afford them, save up for them because anything else is a waste of money IMO.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using WAYALIFE mobile app

deezus

Well after the last time it did it I went through checked and re torqued the track bar and check torque on all the other bolts and called it good at the moment today did it again so I finally checked the ball joints they are shot... who has the syenergy heavy duty Greaseable ball joints

Synergy Ball joints are knurled. I just went through a set. Not recommended.

black pearl

Hooked
Haven't had death wobble, but since I've run big tires and wheel spacers I've been through 3 sets of sub part ball joints. I learned the hard, expensive way, that I should've went Prosteers all along. If you can afford them, save up for them because anything else is a waste of money IMO.

Yeah at first I was going to get cheep ones, knowing I would need to replace them. giving time to save. But now we found a way, and really I'm happy I'm not going to have to change them out more then needed

jeeeep

Hooked
The dynatrac pro steers can be ordered knurled or not. make sure you get the ones that are not knurled.
I also recommend ordering the washer kit, I've found the ball joint kits need the extra spacing that the washer kit offers, keeps the ball joint studs from bottoming out in the install cup.
you don't want to risk damaging ball joint studs when you press them in.

black pearl

Hooked
The dynatrac pro steers can be ordered knurled or not. make sure you get the ones that are not knurled.
I also recommend ordering the washer kit, I've found the ball joint kits need the extra spacing that the washer kit offers, keeps the ball joint studs from bottoming out in the install cup.

Yeah I got the knurled ones as for the washers I'm sure I have something in my shop that will work as I have boxes of washers but thank you for the heads up on that I will be sure to watch for it

Edit: non knurled

Last edited:

deezus

I had to get knurled as I has Synergys BJs previously.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom