First time post on Wayalife! Meet my first Jeep :)

Sileighty_guru

Hey Everyone!

Thought I would say HI by showing a few pictures of how my 2014 Wrangler is coming along :) So far I have 17" HELO wheels with 35x12.5 Kumho's, 3.5 Skyjacker lift, Bushwacker fenders, Light guards all around, Delta light bar, 8500 winch, Just put on the Borla touring dual tip catback, some WeatherTech goodies (visors+mats+cargo), Reciever hitch, Working on the stereo now (polk components up front and rear)...again nothing to outrageous however it's my "first" Jeep and it seems to be coming out pretty good so far :)

Jeep 1 - Copy.jpg

Jeep 2 - Copy.jpg

Jeep 3 - Copy.jpg

Jeep 5 - Copy.jpg

Jeep 4 - Copy.jpg

Jeep Visor - Copy.jpg

Speakers for Jeep - Copy.jpg

Tweeter Upgrade - Copy.jpg

Bar Speaker Upgrade - Copy.jpg

Bar Speaker Upgrade 2 - Copy.jpg

Front Speaker Upgrades - Copy.jpg

Aaron

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Welcome to Wayalife! jeep looks good! how do you like the polks? i had them in my old car and they were great so curious if you noticed a difference in the jeep

Sileighty_guru

Welcome to Wayalife! jeep looks good! how do you like the polks? i had them in my old car and they were great so curious if you noticed a difference in the jeep

Thanks! The Polk's are great (however anything other then stock would have been a huge upgrade! The stocks wouldn't go past half power before the broke up and became unbearable) found out the hard was that the factory "crossover" for the tweeters in non-existent! I was hoping to just plug in the Polk's without needing the crossovers but I was wrong! Crossovers are definitely needed! Now system goes to the max that the factory radio can push without any problem which is all I need :)

bkac

Caught the Bug
Great looking Jeep, welcome aboard!

Sent from my VS980 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sileighty_guru

Welcome :standing wave: .....even though you made me very dizzy with your first couple of pics! ;)

HAHA my bad! :)

Thanks everyone else for the welcomes, if anyone knows of issues with the JK's which could use some right off the bat fixes let me know! I have to figure out the DEATH TURN it takes once and a while with hard braking! only 1200 miles on it tire pressure is all good and alignment is spot on (road crown not playing a part) however it acts like the stability control kicks in with the ABS and it takes a dive right after (electronics possibly out of sync?) has pulled both ways so I am stumped for now! I just hang on and get a firmer grip when braking now ;)

DA RUNT

Oh also at 3.5 inches of lift did you do the drag link flip? That'll correct your steering geometry which may be causing the issue you mentioned.

StrizzyChris

Oh also at 3.5 inches of lift did you do the drag link flip? That'll correct your steering geometry which may be causing the issue you mentioned.

I am running a little higher than you are(just shy of 4") and I haven't don't the DL flip YET and haven't had issues....BUT my steering wheel is centered. After your lift is you wheel centered? If it is off center after lifting it, a turn or even a good enough bump in the road while going straight can cause your ABS and TC lights to go off.

Sileighty_guru

I haven't flipped it yet as my wheel was centered after the lift just a half a turn on the drag and it was good, however I am up to trying anything so I will flip it and go mash on the brakes a few times in a parking lot to see how it responds :)

Top Bottom