For those who bought their Jeep new...

Labricon

Caught the Bug
I ordered my 2015 JKUR at the end of April 2015 and it showed up late June.......long wait but worth it :thumb:

Undertheradar

Caught the Bug
Bought my 2015 JKUHR in the middle of Sept of 2015. Had to have it brought up to MT from CO so couldn't take delivery until the 27th. Two very tough weeks... :rolleyes2:

Plan to keep it 'forever'. Got its first hail dents on Saturday, in fact. That did not put a smile on my face. Luckily I was about 3 miles south of the house so got pea to marble sized hail vs the golf balls that rained down on the house. Roof seemed to weather it well and I cannot find any dents in the sides, cowl or windshield surround. Pretty much just the hood shows any signs of denting. All in all it looks as if the jeeps are well designed for hail! Poor Tacoma got another dose of hail dents almost 2 years to the day from its last major dose. Mother nature can be such an a-hole... Used to be so rare to get such damaging hail in this area. Much too common now. Wonder what jeeping in the Bahamas is like...on second thought I think I'll take hail over hurricanes any day. :)

Hmm overly long explanation is too long.

Maybe you can try this next time :clap2:
image.jpeg

xxJWPxx

Bought my 2014 2 door in January of 2014, sold it an hour ago and am waiting for my 2016 4 door to arrive any day now.

jeep670

Bought 2001 WJ Ltd in Sep 2000. Still have it, still running strong. It's part of the family and a keeper.
Bought 2014 JKUR in Jan 2014. Planning to keep it forever.

ab6da1ac9ac755a6fd92ae160e0f8d8d.jpg

Dubzy

Ordered my '15 jkur in February of '15. Took delivery exactly 1 year ago today. Dealership emailed me to wish me a happy anniversary this morning. Lol.

JamesWyatt

2016 JKUHR

Hi, my name is $@"$& and I have a Jeep problem. All bought new:

2011 JKU Rubicon Black
2011 JKU Rubicon Cosmos Blue
2012 JKU Rubicon Silver
2013 JKU Rubicon Commando Green
2014 JKU Rubicon Anvil
2016 JKU Willys Firecracker Red
2016 JKUHR Firecracker Red

Hmm, looks like I skipped a year 🤔

Last edited:

Undertheradar

Caught the Bug
2016 JKUHR

Hi, my name is $@"$& and I have a Jeep problem. All bought new:

2011 JKU Rubicon Black
2011 JKU Rubicon Cosmos Blue
2012 JKU Rubicon Silver
2013 JKU Rubicon Commando Green
2014 JKU Rubicon Anvil
2016 JKU Willys Firecracker Red
2016 JKUHR Firecracker Red

Hmm, looks like I skipped a year 樂
That's a lot of JK's, I've owned a lot of jeeps, 16 to be exact, but my JK is a keeper!

professorkx

Boughty wife's 2009 sport new, and she loves it. I've offered to buy her a new one, but she says she loves her black 4 day.

Ordered my 2014 Rubicon X and started adding goodies. This is jeep number 9 in 30 years, so hoping this is my last jeep

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
2013 JK Sport in True Blue ( Feb 13')
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464091947.024517.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464091960.929743.jpg

2014 JK Unlimited Sport S in Granite Crystal (Feb 14')
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464092189.563429.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464092263.240154.jpg

2016 JK Unlimited Sport S in Mojave Sand (Apr 16')
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464092341.206203.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464092378.641948.jpg
( Build in progress)

The only other vehicle I have bought new other than these Jeeps was an 03' 350Z back when they first came out.

Undertheradar

Caught the Bug
Thanks for all the replies, I do find it interesting that other than my '08 & Professorkx's wife's '09, the majority of respondents have much newer Jeeps. It makes me wonder if folks are trading in "older" models or is the Wrangler just bringing in so many new owners.
I can't see getting rid of my 08 being it's been modified to suit my needs and it wouldn't make sense to lose what I've invested to have to start over. At this point when the stock Rubi t-case explodes, I'll add an Atlas, when I finally grenade the 3.8, I'll add a hemi. Like a fine wine, it just gets better over time.....

professorkx

If jeep still had the 3.8 in 2014, I would not have purchased new, as the motor in my wife's 2009 is very low on power. I would have just bought her a new mall crawler and swapped a v8 into the 2009...and axles...and auto...and... The higher HP of the 3.6 does everything I need it to do, so very happy.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Thanks for all the replies, I do find it interesting that other than my '08 & Professorkx's wife's '09, the majority of respondents have much newer Jeeps. It makes me wonder if folks are trading in "older" models or is the Wrangler just bringing in so many new owners.
I can't see getting rid of my 08 being it's been modified to suit my needs and it wouldn't make sense to lose what I've invested to have to start over. At this point when the stock Rubi t-case explodes, I'll add an Atlas, when I finally grenade the 3.8, I'll add a hemi. Like a fine wine, it just gets better over time.....

For me, I sold my CJ7 due to a surgery because I could no longer depress the clutch. My wife got me the 2 door JK with an auto, but as I started building it up and going out a lot, the whole family gained interest and wanted to come along. I traded the 2 door in for the 2014 JKU so I could take the family along on off road adventures. I only got the 2016 due to some issues with the 2014 and a great deal that Chrysler structured for me. This will be my last rig, but currently looking at a Renegade for the wife.

Top Bottom