Front axle shaft u-joint - time to replace them

Guascone

Hi guys, how can I recognize when it is time to replace the front axle shaft u-joint?
Are they replaceble or it is better to replace the complete shaft with cromoly shaft?

I started to hear a sort of toc -toc-toc every tight turn...I replaced the ball joints but the noise is always there...

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Hi guys, how can I recognize when it is time to replace the front axle shaft u-joint?
Are they replaceble or it is better to replace the complete shaft with cromoly shaft?

I started to hear a sort of toc -toc-toc every tight turn...I replaced the ball joints but the noise is always there...

Thanks!

U-joints typically make a clicking noise when they are going bad. They are replaceable with regular hand tools. If they are really old you may need a ball joint/ujoint press.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Pull the caps of the new ujoint, slide on circle clips, put caps back on, then press them in. I didn't figure that out until I was done. :doh:

I have 35” tires and I’m going to replace them with 37”...probably it would be better if I’ll tell my wife that they aren’t rebuildable...[emoji51][emoji51][emoji51]

Top Bottom