Front locker on JK questions?

suicideking

Nope, those are weld in and better because of it.

Put it to you this way, without glue, plywood would just be thin sheets of wood sitting on top of each other.

Better than sleeves? Well, being that you're more likely to break a shaft than an axle housing any day of the week, I suppose it would be better but, a standard chromoly shaft with full circle clips will do the same thing and without the $400 additional cost.

So when the locker eventually stops working, what do you suggest replacing it with? I'll hopefully be running 37's by then. I'm not planning on going larger than 37's.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So when the locker eventually stops working, what do you suggest replacing it with? I'll hopefully be running 37's by then. I'm not planning on going larger than 37's.

If you run your locker sparingly, you can make it last for a while. During that time, I personally would recommend that you save up for a Dynatrac ProRock 44 and run an ARB in it. If it breaks before you can afford an upgrade, you might want to call someone like Off Road Evolution to see if they have any factory locker take-offs. They sometimes have them in stock and can offer one up for less than a new one from the dealership.

suicideking

If you run your locker sparingly, you can make it last for a while. During that time, I personally would recommend that you save up for a Dynatrac ProRock 44 and run an ARB in it. If it breaks before you can afford an upgrade, you might want to call someone like Off Road Evolution to see if they have any factory locker take-offs. They sometimes have them in stock and can offer one up for less than a new one from the dealership.

Cool, thanks Eddie!

Top Bottom