Gas tank relocation

Nick V

Here is my situation. I relocated my fuel tank to the bed of my Gladiator in order to make room for a triangulated long arm. I installed a MotoBilt 19 gallon tank a few months ago, but is not enough, so I am wanting to go to a 25 gallon tank. I also want to change out the sending unit to an aftermarket one, so I don't have to try and adapt the factory one to the newer larger tank. It was adapted to the 19 gallon tank via weld on spacer from Motobilt. Does anyone have any experience with the sending unit and know the specs? What GPH would I need for a fuel pump and what Ohm do I need, if the Ohms make a difference ?
Thanks in advance
Nick V

CalSgt

Hooked
Ohms apply to the fuel level sending unit, if you get the wrong ohm range your gauge readings will be out of whack. You can remove the factory sending unit & figure out the ohm range by using a multimeter and sweeping the float arm to the high & low positions.

You could also get a reading using the connector plug from outside the tank, once when the tank is full and again when empty.

I have no input on what GPH or PSI pump you will need.

Nick V

Ohms apply to the fuel level sending unit, if you get the wrong ohm range your gauge readings will be out of whack. You can remove the factory sending unit & figure out the ohm range by using a multimeter and sweeping the float arm to the high & low positions.

You could also get a reading using the connector plug from outside the tank, once when the tank is full and again when empty.

I have no input on what GPH or PSI pump you will need.
Thanks, that I can do.

Top Bottom