GraniteCrystal build thread

Rubicon310

I run the front crawler conceptz bumper with the rear LoD.

Front bumper is very well made. The welds are excellent and the lines are super clean. Winch sits nicely into the bumper. You need the vacuum relocation kit (if you haven't already done that) and you'll need to trim a little triangle corner off of the frame rails. Took about 5 minutes to cut both sides with a sawzall.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

GraniteCrystal

I run the front crawler conceptz bumper with the rear LoD.

Front bumper is very well made. The welds are excellent and the lines are super clean. Winch sits nicely into the bumper. You need the vacuum relocation kit (if you haven't already done that) and you'll need to trim a little triangle corner off of the frame rails. Took about 5 minutes to cut both sides with a sawzall.

Exact same one as I'm looking at it sounds like? Got pics?

Rubicon310

Here's a picture before I mounted the warm zeon 10s

If you go with this bumper, make sure you install the fairlead before mounting the winch onto the bumper. You will then need a friend to help lift the bumper with winch onto the frame rails. IMG_8944.JPG

GraniteCrystal

Here's a picture before I mounted the warm zeon 10s

If you go with this bumper, make sure you install the fairlead before mounting the winch onto the bumper. You will then need a friend to help lift the bumper with winch onto the frame rails. View attachment 249261

Thanks. So no issue getting grill off with winch on right?

Got any pics straight on? It almost looks like it sticks out past the grill a bit, like a mid-width.

Rubicon310

I'll snap some more pictures later today when I get home.

I've never had a need to remove the grill, so I'm unsure if it can be done. But removing the bumper is actually pretty easy if you needed to take it off. It's just heavy with the winch, requiring two people.

Option 1: LoD Destroyer Series - $687

Option 2: Crawler Conceptz Ultra Series - $750

Have you seen or considered.......

Option 3: Motobilt "The Hammer"??
Motobilt Hammer_2.jpg Motobilt Hammer_1.jpg Motobilt Hammer_3.jpg

I think the lines/facets of Motobilt and LOD would match up almost perfectly!

Motobilt Hammer_5.jpg LOD Rear.jpg

I was looking at the CC Ultra series until I saw this bumper. I personally like the recessed winch better with the CC, but I like the looks of this bumper a little more. Also I will probably mount a light bar on the bottom side of the bull bar. Figured I'd throw another option out to make your decision that much harder. ;)

Attachments

• Motobilt Hammer_4.jpg
    Motobilt Hammer_4.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Option 1: LoD Destroyer Series - $687

Option 2: Crawler Conceptz Ultra Series - $750

Have you seen or considered.......

Option 3: Motobilt "The Hammer"??

I think the lines/facets of Motobilt and LOD would match up almost perfectly!

I was looking at the CC Ultra series until I saw this bumper. I personally like the recessed winch better with the CC, but I like the looks of this bumper a little more. Also I will probably mount a light bar on the bottom side of the bull bar. Figured I'd throw another option out to make your decision that much harder. ;)

You know, Motobilt's stuff looks really nice, but after how they handled themselves, a couple of weeks back, I can't imagine sending them my money.

WJCO

Meme King
Hate to clutter up Scott's build thread, but I ditto the others as well. After what just happened here with Motobilt recently, I wouldn't order anything from them.

:cheesy: Funny how I'd never heard of Motobilt until this thread was started up earlier in the month...

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?44197-Everyone-knows-Eddie-is-the-biggest-tool-in-the-industry

Yeah, no thanks. After seeing the kind of stupidness they're willing to employ, there's no way I'd ever buy anything from them.
Wow... yeah that was an interesting thread to read... to say the least.

I had no idea about any of this with Motobilt. Thanks for sharing that thread. Not trying to destroy or high jack this build thread. Guess I wasn't well informed.

Can't wait to see more of this build. Ignore my previous post and keep up the good work! 👍

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom