Great Wave

crumpler

Hiya folks.

My name is Jason, I'm not sure who "crumpler" is anymore - if it's me or the Jeep.
It was a nickname given to me many many moons ago, and I applied the CRUMPLER graphics to the hood of my Jeep (in the style of the Rubicon).
https://www.instagram.com/p/W0cw-fLlhh89Yz6Zd23aFCjrblvBthrRIxQpk0/?taken-by=jasonrthomas3000

Anyway...
the Jeep is a 2012 JKU Sport that's been modified a bit.
I'm running JK Rubicon D44 front and rear axles, front all welded up with Artec goodness.
Re-geared with Yukon gears @ 4.88
The lockers are controlled by a pair of switches on my S-Pod - so I can lock either/both whenever I want.
The SPod also has been set up with a switch for my KC HiLite LZR Cubes, 3" LEDs mounted on the windshield bracket.

I've got an Olympic 4x4 BOA rear bumper -as I was hoping it would match, or 'go with' my Ace Engineering rock sliders - the tube diameter seems to be about the same, but it doesn't really tie together - maybe I need tube fenders to do so...

My front bumper is trimmed as I'm running 37x13.50" Toyo Open Country MTs on just a 2.5" RK Max Travel lift.
I NEED to trim my fender flares, and I'm currently rubbing at full lock (that won't change, I know) AND any flex...

I've got a full set of the Carolina Metal Master gear, the grab bar and the grab handles - love their stuff....

I'm a relatively new Jeeper, but come from a family of Jeep owners - I learned to drive stick on an 88 XJ when I was barely a teenager. 3 of my uncles ran CJs back in the day, one of them still has an XJ... but we spent more time on the beach than on the trails when i was a kid...

After maybe 4 "rough" winters out of the last 6 or so, here in Va, I bought my mom a 98 ZJ to rock this winter. Enjoying toying around again in the legendary 4.0 - this one is at 234K miles and the motor still purrs nice and easy. The trans is a different story, but we're working on that.

I'm joining to learn more, share what little I know (or what I think I know) maybe collect up some swag (I could use a new hoodie and I LOVE stickers) and most of all just chat about my favorite auto and just how badass it is.

Thanks in advance folks...

parade_jeep.jpg

IMG_0493.JPG

IMG_0646.JPG

Last edited:
"Great Wave" or "The Great Wave off Kanagawa" is the name of the piece of art on my grille...

For 3 years I always thought this was a great inside Jeeper joke, but it never seems to impress anyone...

Top Bottom