Hard Core ProRock 60/60 Axle-Set

AdrockTT

I'm under the impression that everything is already raised on the pr60 to accommodate 3-4" of lift. Including the knuckles and that there's no need to add a track bar raise bracket or to flip the drag link.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Dynatrac isn't assuming anything. This axle is designed with their track bar bracket and steering arms to work with the tie rod provided with the kit and your factory drag link. I'm sure they don't take correct steering geometry lightly and developed this to work perfectly.

High Steer set up on this axle set is realistically only going to gain you additional clearance of the tie rod, but as Eddie stated, you'll likely need to notch the frame rails for the drag link.

Thank you both! That's what I thought I understood, but this discussion had be second guessing... It def has several positions available for a raised front track bar mount and we discussed corrected geometry. Thanks for the insight fellas :)

AdrockTT

How did this ever turn out - high steer or standard?

I have "standard" non-high steering on mine. PSC ram assist, about 4.5" (est) lift on coilovers. Steers INCREDIBLE with zero bump steer or wandering!! Couldn't be happier so far.

Buster3479

Can you post some pics of your ram mount including the position of the clamp? Did you mount it all behind the tie rod? I'm trying to get a custom tie rod made for my PR60/60 hard core package, and can't quite figure out how much offset to add for a 1.75" tie rod and PSC clamp.

Thanks

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
I guess dyna is just assuming I'll be able to get the drag link and track bar aligned without the flip...I'll post pics when it's further assembled and maybe everyone can help me assess the cost/benefit ratio for the flip. Thanks!

What did you ever determine with your new setup?

AdrockTT

What did you ever determine with your new setup?

Aligned perfectly with absolutely ideal driveability and steering without the flip. I am on Evo bolt on coilovers at 4.5"-ish range of lift (top coils 1/2 compressed w preload fronts and 3/4 range in rear). Track bar and drag link parallel without wandering, bump steer, or other issues. I do have PSC hydroassist with the ram on a custom mount clamped high on the track bar. Let me find some pics.

High steer (for my lift height and steering setup) would only need to be done to further elevate and protect steering components (pretty optional, and need to be sure wheel offsets and frame clearance will permit it).

Loving my setup! Drove it 11 hours on the highway to go wheeling and it behaves like a stock JKU.

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
Aligned perfectly with absolutely ideal driveability and steering without the flip. I am on Evo bolt on coilovers at 4.5"-ish range of lift (top coils 1/2 compressed w preload fronts and 3/4 range in rear). Track bar and drag link parallel without wandering, bump steer, or other issues. I do have PSC hydroassist with the ram on a custom mount clamped high on the track bar. Let me find some pics.

High steer (for my lift height and steering setup) would only need to be done to further elevate and protect steering components (pretty optional, and need to be sure wheel offsets and frame clearance will permit it).

Loving my setup! Drove it 11 hours on the highway to go wheeling and it behaves like a stock JKU.

That is awesome. I run the bolt ons also so that is good news!

Top Bottom