Hard Rock, Ocala, Florida

I'm getting excited!!!

Ed/Will (and any other who wants to respond) - I was researching the symptoms of my jeep issue while I wait for shop appointment (Monday) and it seems like this has happened to other people for TJs. They have flashed their PCM to reset it to factory and I was wondering if there's any cons against trying that out myself? I have the instructions(pretty simple to do) and just wondered if there is a real downside to doing it. Seems like it has to re-learn after that but... I'm not sure exactly what all that means as far as how it will handle/drive, etc.

Symptoms are... hard jolt/lurch like when it's shifting from 1st to 2nd pretty rough the first time, then it may do it again once or twice in the first 5-10 minutes (but not as rough, but still lurchy) after I start the jeep and get going. (Usually happens between 10-20MPH.) After that it doesn't happen, but the overall shifting between gears does still seem to be a bit more sluggish than it used to be. But no jolting after that initial bit. If I park and it sits for a while, it does it all over again. (2006, automatic, 4.0L I6 and am 15 miles away from 50k on the odometer.)

I'm getting excited!!!

Ed/Will (and any other who wants to respond) - I was researching the symptoms of my jeep issue while I wait for shop appointment (Monday) and it seems like this has happened to other people for TJs. They have flashed their PCM to reset it to factory and I was wondering if there's any cons against trying that out myself? I have the instructions(pretty simple to do) and just wondered if there is a real downside to doing it. Seems like it has to re-learn after that but... I'm not sure exactly what all that means as far as how it will handle/drive, etc.

Symptoms are... hard jolt/lurch like when it's shifting from 1st to 2nd pretty rough the first time, then it may do it again once or twice in the first 5-10 minutes (but not as rough, but still lurchy) after I start the jeep and get going. (Usually happens between 10-20MPH.) After that it doesn't happen, but the overall shifting between gears does still seem to be a bit more sluggish than it used to be. But no jolting after that initial bit. If I park and it sits for a while, it does it all over again. (2006, automatic, 4.0L I6 and am 15 miles away from 50k on the odometer.)

Sounds like your shift points are matched to your tire size. Did you enter the new tire size on the computer when you had then installed? I would also post this in the TJ tech section.

R/
Will

Top Bottom