Hard Top Storage

So we just got a storage shed for my families Jeep hard tops. My dad wants me to build a couple racks or carts to hold the tops and freedom panels. Besides hoists and things that are suspended, what do you guys use/ have made? I would like to build it out of wood because 1. it would be cheaper and 2. I don't know how to weld. Also I would like for them to be on wheels preferably.

Just looking for some pics and how you built it or if someone has already done this let me know where to find it because I couldn't find one.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
So just use 2x4's and carpet? And then where do you put your freedom panels?

In the mopar bag that came with the jeep, gently on the inside of the rear window

Luckly, I'm running the hard top currently!

4 casters, 2x4 and 1x4.

Attachments

• 1460412809369.jpg
    1460412809369.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 181

geberhard

Douchebag
Changing mine setup and just receive my Racor storage, will make removing and storing much easier and also space for the freedom panels. Pics and install info to come, but if you google images there are several installs done online.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
My friend gave me a cart that was taking up space in his shop, but hanging on the wall makes way more sense.

Havoc40

I have the Racor lift. It works as intended for the money. My house garage ceiling is slanted which causes some issues but, my Vette typically lives in that spot so there's plenty of room.

20160413_225834.jpg

Jeep just barely fits!
20160326_184237.jpg

Buneewunee

Here's mine
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1462533070.263344.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1462533094.694035.jpg
I'll post another one later when I get a better picture. I built a shelf as well to set the hard top on to take the stress off the hard top.

Top Bottom