Have you ever?

13JKUR

Me too. I almost rolled my brothers yj on the rubicon in June and I thought I was gonna have a heart attack then I can't bare the thought of doing that in my rubi. I always watch eddies videos and wonder if he ever has but I know with experience and a good spotter you never should.

Atch

Nobody injured? And... it drove away. That stuff will Buff out.

The passenger was pretty shaken up but no injuries. They drove the jeep out but the insurance company totaled it out & towed it to auction, it was only a few months old!

FallonJeeper

The passenger was pretty shaken up but no injuries. They drove the jeep out but the insurance company totaled it out & towed it to auction, it was only a few months old!

Yeah she looked dazed by otherwise good.

Insurance companies are goofy sometimes. Looked like mostly cosmetic, Windshield frame/glass Hard top. Was the body or frame twisted?

Atch

Yeah she looked dazed by otherwise good.

Insurance companies are goofy sometimes. Looked like mostly cosmetic, Windshield frame/glass Hard top. Was the body or frame twisted?

image-2256551534.jpg

This pic still doesn't do the damage justice. The body was pretty mangled.

Jersey_Devil

Didn't roll while wheeling but I did roll on the way home from work last summer

ForumRunner_20130109_144928.jpg

0824021617a.jpg

0824021639.jpg

Walked away with one single scratch on my face.... All in all the front seat of a 4 door is safe.... The back, not so much.... Look at the roll cage...

0824021644a.jpg

0824021644.jpg

TacPen

Banned
Ok, this may be a stupid question (my specialty) but, I assume insurance covers you rolling the Jeep on a trail?

FallonJeeper

13JKUR

Ok, this may be a stupid question (my specialty) but, I assume insurance covers you rolling the Jeep on a trail?

I'm pretty sure it depends on the insurance company. Not all of them will cover it and will have a clause in the policy.

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
I haven't but this rollover happened right after I made it up this spot!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIm_guUBpGE&sns=em

Wow that is scary! Got a little to heavy on the skinny pedal... I haven't rolled and I hope I never do! Glad they were all ok!

Didn't roll while wheeling but I did roll on the way home from work last summer

View attachment 11701

View attachment 11702

View attachment 11703

Walked away with one single scratch on my face.... All in all the front seat of a 4 door is safe.... The back, not so much.... Look at the roll cage...

View attachment 11706

View attachment 11705

Holy crap man! Txting and driving not good.. lol How many times did you roll cause it looks like more than once!

Glad there was no one in the back! So much for having a ROLL bar... I wonder if a cage would have helped the back any?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Wow that is scary! Got a little to heavy on the skinny pedal... I haven't rolled and I hope I never do! Glad they were all ok!

Holy crap man! Txting and driving not good.. lol How many times did you roll cause it looks like more than once!

Glad there was no one in the back! So much for having a ROLL bar... I wonder if a cage would have helped the back any?

A cage will defiantly help, after all that is the point of it.

Jersey_Devil

A cage will defiantly help, after all that is the point of it.

No texting... I hate that! I ride motorcycles and nothing pisses a bike rider off more than a texter in the lane next to u..... It turned out to be an ear infection (so the Dr's say, never happened before and hasn't since) that caused me to black out a quarter mile from my house. It went thru 6 fences, 2 sheds and a tree.... Dunno how may times it rolled no witnesses and I was blacked out.
Very glad nobody was hurt that was the main thing, vehicles and property, well that's what insurance is for.
As for the roll cage, I don't trust it one bit now! Nobody gets in my back seat now.... Not until I sure up the roll cage.... It just needs vertical support behind the rear doors, I dunno if I want the Evo cage or the River Raider cage.....

cottrellsahara

Top Bottom