Hello from Chicago

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Hello everybody,
I am fresh here, this is actually a first forum I joined, I hope I will get along here.
Anyone on here from Chicago area, I would love to meet up or go wheeling with a buddy sometime.:rock:

Thetucci

I'm just south of Chicago but love meeting new people to wheel with. Thinking of heading to the Badlands in a few weeks if you wanna wheel let me know

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
I'm just south of Chicago but love meeting new people to wheel with. Thinking of heading to the Badlands in a few weeks if you wanna wheel let me know

I would love to go soon. But first I need to weld on some c gussets and replace my ball joints and axle shafts.
I aslo need to get new battery lol, last time I went to badlands (June 2016) I fried my battery. I was lucky enough to be able to make it out of there. On my out I stopped by the bathrooms over there and when I got back in my jeep it would not start anymore. Also my phone died at the same time:doh:. I ended up getting hold of my insurance company to send out help ( thank god I have road assistance). A guy from a shop just down the street from badlands showed up and hooked me up with a battery, I've been running it since then. I want to get dual battery setup so this wouldnt happen again.
But I really need to get those c gussets done before my next trip. I am pushing my luck with 37" for a last year and half. Do you know anybody with a welder that is willing to hel out? I'll pay$$

Thetucci

I would love to go soon. But first I need to weld on some c gussets and replace my ball joints and axle shafts.
I aslo need to get new battery lol, last time I went to badlands (June 2016) I fried my battery. I was lucky enough to be able to make it out of there. On my out I stopped by the bathrooms over there and when I got back in my jeep it would not start anymore. Also my phone died at the same time:doh:. I ended up getting hold of my insurance company to send out help ( thank god I have road assistance). A guy from a shop just down the street from badlands showed up and hooked me up with a battery, I've been running it since then. I want to get dual battery setup so this wouldnt happen again.
But I really need to get those c gussets done before my next trip. I am pushing my luck with 37" for a last year and half. Do you know anybody with a welder that is willing to hel out? I'll pay$$

37" s!!!! Damn wish I was running those lol. I'm still on my stock Rubicon setup but didn't have any trouble out there but my first trip with this jeep was last fall and I only had 5k on the odometer. My buddy is a welder but trying to get to him when he is available is the hard part. I've been trying to get him to weld up a support frame for my hardtop hoist for months hopefully you get that sorted soon Jeep's are happiest off road

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

NecessaryEvil

Caught the Bug
Hello everybody,
I am fresh here, this is actually a first forum I joined, I hope I will get along here.
Anyone on here from Chicago area, I would love to meet up or go wheeling with a buddy sometime.:rock:

Welcome to WAL from Lake County IL. I'm willing to met up anytime someone wants to go wheeling. I also like to plan at least two trips a year out west. If you want to make the trip up here, I can weld anything you need.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Welcome to WAL from Lake County IL. I'm willing to met up anytime someone wants to go wheeling. I also like to plan at least two trips a year out west. If you want to make the trip up here, I can weld anything you need.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

How much would you charge for welding c gussets on, also I would need to change the ball joints while I am at it, would you be able to help with that also?

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
37" s!!!! Damn wish I was running those lol. I'm still on my stock Rubicon setup but didn't have any trouble out there but my first trip with this jeep was last fall and I only had 5k on the odometer. My buddy is a welder but trying to get to him when he is available is the hard part. I've been trying to get him to weld up a support frame for my hardtop hoist for months hopefully you get that sorted soon Jeep's are happiest off road

I had plenty of fun with my stock rubicon at badlands.
Did you try 'the cliffs' yet? That place is rough, and lost of fun lol, you must be extra careful with stock height over there, deep mudholes.
Also be careful with your stock battery, it will only take so much of rocking back and forward and bouncing up and down.
Also gusset your c's before or while lifting your jeep.

Sullivan

You will most likely smoke the ball joints anyways when the c gussets are welded on. So do the welding, then change the ball joints.
And get yourself some extra parts and tow straps if you go to cliffs. It's a horrible place and I refuse to ever go back there.

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
You will most likely smoke the ball joints anyways when the c gussets are welded on. So do the welding, then change the ball joints.
And get yourself some extra parts and tow straps if you go to cliffs. It's a horrible place and I refuse to ever go back there.

The cliffs wast the first place I ever went wheeling, also my jeep was bone stock back then. I managed to get out of there with few minor scuffs on my hard top. I've been back few times after that but chose my way very wisely lol. Very very rough place. The god thing is that they have a recovery guy that is there most of the time that is willing to help out.
I will be going back there a lot once I get an atv. My jeep is still to new and nice for this kind of abuse lol

Sullivan

The cliffs wast the first place I ever went wheeling, also my jeep was bone stock back then. I managed to get out of there with few minor scuffs on my hard top. I've been back few times after that but chose my way very wisely lol. Very very rough place. The god thing is that they have a recovery guy that is there most of the time that is willing to help out.
I will be going back there a lot once I get an atv. My jeep is still to new and nice for this kind of abuse lol

My jeep is more then capable but I refuse to go there. It's a complete mess. And it's all sloppy mud and not any fun or even challenging at all. I'd rather take the weekend and drive 8 hours to somewhere that is challenging.

Top Bottom