Hello from Las Cruces NM…

My wife and I recently moved to New Mexico from Arizona, the extreme heat was really getting the better of us. I’m not a Jeep owner yet, someday it’ll happen. The more I watch the YouTube series on Pippi the more I’m inclined to go simple rather than spend a lot of money needlessly...

The reality is I’m looking to gain access to unpaved roads/trails to expand my opportunities for landscape photography. Currently we are driving two 2015 MINI Coopers, a Cabriolet and a Roadster. While very fun vehicles they’re not the best choice for exploring off road.

Attachments

• IMG_0694-(W).JPG
    IMG_0694-(W).JPG
    214.5 KB · Views: 6
  • HFW_6019 W.jpg
    HFW_6019 W.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 6
Welcome from Mississippi. I'm sitting in Los Cruces now until morning. It can get pretty hot in Los Cruces also
Yes I think it will later on this summer. We've not experienced a summer here in Las Cruces, but we had five of them in Arizona, each progressively hotter, thus our move.

It's like that everywhere
It is due to an effect called "global burning". 😀

The mountains of Arizona have been very pleasant for well over a month, with cool nights making up for heating during the day.

Fire danger is the major concern. I spend a lot of time fire-wising my property. Los Cruces has a history of fire danger. It is wise to be prepared.

Dale72

Hooked
It is due to an effect called "global burning". 😀

The mountains of Arizona have been very pleasant for well over a month, with cool nights making up for heating during the day.

Fire danger is the major concern. I spend a lot of time fire-wising my property. Los Cruces has a history of fire danger. It is wise to be prepared.
True. But if people stop getting angry when the forestry department tries to clear cut the wild fires wouldn't be as bad.

True. But if people stop getting angry when the forestry department tries to clear cut the wild fires wouldn't be as bad.
In Arizona, the forestry department has never suggested clear-cutting. Instead they have been trying to develop a commercial business around removing the small trees and leaving the big ones. But it seems that this is not an economically viable business model so it has failed. In the mean time they focus on planned burns like the one that got out of hand near Los Vegas, NM.

The attitude in the Arizona mountains is completely different than in California. Whereas Californians are still hugging the trees and brush (doing virtually nothing, even after the big Camp fire), Arizonans have been busy working on clearing fire-breaks and making properties fire-wise.

Hopefully New Mexico will now wake up and make sure that everything does not burn in a big ball of flame.

In the mean time, keep a "go" (or "bug out") bag in the Jeep and be ready to depart at any time.

Top Bottom