Help a Noob Pick Tires!

GENREC

Fellas, I have a 2014 JKU Sport. I live in Orange County, Cali, we get what 10 days of rain a year? I go snowboarding like what 8 times a year max if that now that I'm 40. So I hit minimal snow 8x's max, maybe a little Mammoth, some rain, not many days clearly. If it's snowing/blizzarding I wont even roll most likely to the mountains.I want an aggressive looking tire though, it is a Jeep afterall, DD tire, I do drive 60 miles round trip a day to work. Yes a bit anal at my age, 40, but not a bitch about everything. Don't wheel rocks and hardcore stuff, more like Big Bear dirt trails or local OC trails, think Saddleback peak, Maple Springs if you know the terrain? My main terrain is the 405 and 5 freeways..LOL. I'm tossed between the Goodyear Duratrac, Nitto Trail Grappler, BFG KM2, maybe the new Nitto Exo Grappler. Help me decide as I'm pulling the trigger in the next few weeks! :eek:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
For what you have described and the choices you have listed, I probably would go with either the Duratrac or Exo Grappler. They are more of an AT type tread and will serve you better as a DD.

Hack12

For what you have described and the choices you have listed, I probably would go with either the Duratrac or Exo Grappler. They are more of an AT type tread and will serve you better as a DD.

I agree. In the A/T category, I've run BF Goodrich A/T's, General Grabber AT2's, and GY Duratrac's. The Duratrac's were my favorite by far and superior in almost every category to the others. :twocents:

Top Bottom