Hinrichs 2.0

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Thanks man. Don't feel like I got a lot done today tho. Ended up going back to the cobra 75 till I get another cable but did make power wires better so i can swap to my bigger radio.

Didn't start on the bumpers yet,aunt tomorrow.

Peak

Congrats on the rig, not even a week and you've made so much progress already! Can't wait to see it with the coils and tires next week lol

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Front bumper pulled, working on cutting off the crash bar and need to find a home for the vac pump since I forgot to get a kit to move it.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1440344106.551299.jpg

Also decided to throw on the trimmed stockers from the 2 door. Managed to only break 2 clips after I figured out how to pull them out easily.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1440344165.872906.jpg

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Looks great Jim. Are you going to paint the fender wells black?

Oh BTW if you hold off on installing your winch until you get the EVO vacuum pump relocation kit, you can flip your vacuum pump upside down. It's what I did for a while with my old bumper.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Looks great Jim. Are you going to paint the fender wells black?

Oh BTW if you hold off on installing your winch until you get the EVO vacuum pump relocation kit, you can flip your vacuum pump upside down. It's what I did for a while with my old bumper.

Who gave you that idea?

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Cut the bracket off so that wasn't an option to flip it. I'll order a kit tomorrow. Right now it's just kinda wedged in there. If it wasn't for the spod I would have moved it up.

Ended today with the bumper, winch and light bar mounted and working.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1440361660.519926.jpg

tomorrow I plan on pulling the rear bumper and getting the fascia and d-rings installed. May have to wait tho and see if I can sand blast them at work. Im going to try and remember to take them with me in the morning.

Last edited:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Have an idea for the vac pump that I should have attempted last night, but was being lazy and didnt feel like pulling the welder out. May have to pull the bumper again but plan to use the stock bracket and just move it back a few inches which should work. If It wasnt for the spod I would just move it into the bay.

New draglink flip ordered and need to run home and check the brake lines that I already have that I never installed to see if they are long enough to save me some money if I can find them. Hopefully I can start to get the lift installed this weekend if I am lucky.

Also need to figure out how to modify a hitch slider to support the tire, unless I have the time to order some corners and get the carrier on soon.

canadianjku

Congrats on the new jeep! I too recently gave in and traded my 2013 for a 2015 JKUR. A ton of work stripping the old one down and getting the new one ready but I am sure you will be pleased when its all said and done. Excited to see the pics once you have the lift and tires on!

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Congrats on the new jeep! I too recently gave in and traded my 2013 for a 2015 JKUR. A ton of work stripping the old one down and getting the new one ready but I am sure you will be pleased when its all said and done. Excited to see the pics once you have the lift and tires on!

Thanks, I just wish I had switched sooner but glad I started with the 2 door.

So tonight didn't get a whole lot done but did get the vac pump bracket welded back on and installed that again. Forgot to take a pic.

Important things like windshield banner on :yup:

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1440461780.097805.jpg

Also got the arb twin underseat bracket installed which was too easy.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1440461809.056830.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1440461818.757851.jpg

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
At first I was like oh a spider I'll relocate him, then noticed the babies and was like well your day is over and grabbed the blow torch for a quick clean and wipe with a rag. Hood was good till it started to rain so never for the c gussets installed today.

Sporadic

2.0 is moving along quickly. You may need to get into a Jeepaholics anonymous program (grins).

Seriously, your jkU is looking good so far.

Top Bottom