Hinrichs 2.0

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
LJ Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I'd vote for an LJ too...but they are getting expensive...like Scramblers...

I would love an LJ, but yeah the price will never let this happen. Remember this will be a trail only rig and never see the street. I already have one car thats on the verge of not being street legal.

I vote YJ... XJ’s sure are cheap fun though with minimal mods.

My vote is for a YJ Sent from my SM-G950F using WAYALIFE mobile app

Its a tough choice between the 2. I have never really seen an XJ that did well on a tail other than a few highly built ones which could be an option....but do I really want to cut up the whole body.

Yjs are cool looking. But I think they're 4 wheel leaf springs. May not be the most comfortable off-road ride.

I am planning on a comp cut and some kinda shocks so not too worried about leafs....however I am very curious about how leafs work since I have been impressed by the flex of some truck builds.

Ddays

Hooked
Starting to slowly look at options for a new rig. Plan to keep it very simple since it will not be driven on the street anymore since I dont want to worry about inspections or any of that hassle.

Would you get a YJ or Cherokee.....? Not looking to spend a lot and depending on what I can save up, I would like to buy something that is already semi built.

Whichever will get you up Crawl Daddy in less than 2 hours

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
Starting to slowly look at options for a new rig. Plan to keep it very simple since it will not be driven on the street anymore since I dont want to worry about inspections or any of that hassle.

Would you get a YJ or Cherokee.....? Not looking to spend a lot and depending on what I can save up, I would like to buy something that is already semi built.

I like xjs. But don’t like the unibody. Yes you can do stiffeners. But they still twist. I’d do a yj or tj

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I have finally started to really look for a new project jeep/trail rig....its amazing how people are with getting back to you. I had a few I was ready to go look at or buy, and I cant get more than one email back :idontknow:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Considering my budget of 2k or less.....preferably 1000....its gonna be hard to find anything half decent. I know thats not much to spend....but I have my reasons for keeping it super cheap

TrailHunter

Hooked
My buddies always give me shit for spending so much on a Jeep... and I get it. XJ’s are cheap fun... (or expensive depending how far you take the build). And if I lived closer to the dirt and taking my family on long trips wasn’t a priority....I’d probably have an XJ.... One thing for sure is they ALWAYS have a blast with their XJ’s/WJ’s... I’ve seen stock ones picked up for $500.

IMG_8048.jpg

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I hear wedding bells and a baby crying Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Wedding bells are a long way off, and kids wont happen thankfully lol.

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy: I have seen some cheep ass XJ's for under $1000 on CarGuru! I'm cheap too!

I found a perfect 2 door I really wanted to see, but of course the guy wouldnt get back to me.

My buddies always give me shit for spending so much on a Jeep... and I get it. XJ’s are cheap fun... (or expensive depending how far you take the build). And if I lived closer to the dirt and taking my family on long trips wasn’t a priority....I’d probably have an XJ.... One thing for sure is they ALWAYS have a blast with their XJ’s/WJ’s... I’ve seen stock ones picked up for $500.

View attachment 318024

I will end up spending a lot in the end, but this is a trail only rig and wont be street legal since I have the trailer. I dont want to deal with PA laws anymore which is the main reason I want to stay cheap at first. Kinda dumb having 2 vehicles that just sit and are built for very specific things. I mean I can drive the bmw on the street....but its kinda pushing the limits of what is legal.

Ddays

Hooked
I've kicked around building an XJ as a long term project vehicle for shits & giggles but then bought the JL and all that went out the fucking window :crazyeyes:
An XJ would be a blast. If I ever came across one that was a good deal I might still end up doing one someday. It's hard finding one around here that isn't a rusted
piece of shit tho...

Let me know if you see anything over this way that I could check out for you if need be. :thumb:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Anyone care to comment on the 4 cyl motors? I know it wouldnt be ideal but that can always be changed later down the line for a v8 in a yj/tj

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I keep reading and hearing how durable they are. Of course less torgue and hp than the JK. What's great if a great engi e they are in the XJ's as well. Just gotta worry bout the axles. I'm not an expert.

Top Bottom