Hinrichs build

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I think I know exactly what trail that is, I usually walk right up...but then the 37s help a lot. Only time it was hard for me was when it was covered in ice lol.

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
...don't forget the t-case. the 4:1 is a BIG difference.

We've wheeled the wife's Jeep plenty. The 2-door doesn't climb as well and is nose happy. I suppose it's how and where you play, but I'd rather back up every once in awhile to make a turn or pull a little line to get off being high-centered than go end-over-end back down a hill.

On the road a 2-door drives like a fish on crack! It's exhausting on a long and potentially windy trip.

Just my :twocents: The great thing about Jeeps and the hobby is building what you like or want :yup:

I did forget about the t case. I do miss that :(

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I will say too, the 4 door ride is a lot smoother on the road than the two door. I switched from a rubicon and downgraded to a sport and honestly the only features i miss from my rubicon are the nav and electronic swaybar. The rubi lockers are junk. I would honestly get a sport with half doors like you want add on what features you want, then take the 10k you saved from not getting a rubi and buy the electronic sway bar, a prorock and ARB lockers and enjoy the extra 2-3k you just saved.

I dont use the lockers much, unless I HAVE to so I never worry about the stock ones failing on me, and when they would, then ill upgrade. I have a very special situation that I wont go into, but if I went the sport route, there would be no money to put towards axles unless I had it saved up and thats not an option anymore due to the house....(damn grown up things), thats why I will try and get another rubicon. Hell Im still even on stock 4.10 gearing on 37s which has been find, other than in big rocks I tend to stall but thats more of a manual vs auto debate there.

...don't forget the t-case. the 4:1 is a BIG difference.

We've wheeled the wife's Jeep plenty. The 2-door doesn't climb as well and is nose happy. I suppose it's how and where you play, but I'd rather back up every once in awhile to make a turn or pull a little line to get off being high-centered than go end-over-end back down a hill.

On the road a 2-door drives like a fish on crack! It's exhausting on a long and potentially windy trip.

Just my :twocents: The great thing about Jeeps and the hobby is building what you like or want :yup:

Yeah I dont want to loose the 4:1 t-case after having it for this long, would be too weird for me. Plus like I said above, the 4.10s are not ideal, but Im used to it and they work well for my style of driving. I am thinking about going to an auto trans this time however. I still get 18 mpg on the highway which is nice, but dont have the power on the rocks like I need.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I wish you were closer so I could do some easy trails in your jeep to really sell me on it. Ive only ever rode passenger in one for like 100 ft lol.

If you make it to the RC run in October you are more than welcome to drive and wheel mine to see if you really want to make the switch.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
If you make it to the RC run in October you are more than welcome to drive and wheel mine to see if you really want to make the switch.

I will be there.

Trying to decide if I should just start to return the jeep back to stock now, or wait. Anyone have stock front lower and rear upper arms? Was going to leave the lift on, but dont see the point. Hopefully up front I can just put the stock draglink back on with the little insert bushing upside down.

Last edited:

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
I will be there.

Trying to decide if I should just start to return the jeep back to stock now, or wait. Anyone have stock front lower and rear upper arms? Was going to leave the lift on, but dont see the point. Hopefully up front I can just put the stock draglink back on with the little insert bushing upside down.

Ive got them

Let me know. Ive got everything from when i put my enforcer on if you need anything. Them tires if you need them too. My offer still stands on trading springs too if you want

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Ive got them

Let me know. Ive got everything from when i put my enforcer on if you need anything. Them tires if you need them too. My offer still stands on trading springs too if you want

I had the arms and drive shafts, yet threw them away not too long ago sadly. Guess I got tired of moving them around. What do you want for the arms?

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Just checked online at the place where I got my jeep, all the 4 door rubicons are auto, have 3.73 gears, and hard tops lol.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
4.10s are pretty hard to get on a dealer ordered JK these days.... :grayno:

I understand that most dont get offroaded so I guess it makes sense I guess for the normal people. If it wasnt so expensive around here to get re-geared I wouldnt mind starting with the 3.73 but if I can push that off even better.

Lol pretty much a standard. I got lucky when i got my manual rubi. But hardtop and fully loaded is mostly how they come

I wouldnt mind a hard top, I just dont have the room to store it at my house. Took them a little while to find but my jeep but it was what I wanted.

.......They do have a white 4 door in stock however......

Scoop315

Caught the Bug
I need to buy a JKU for a daily driver, and start the build on the TJ. Anyone have a spare winning lottery ticket for me to have?

One plus is one of the grown kids is out on her own and generally paying her own way. Another is just months away from being able to do the same by starting a career working with me. And the two younger ones haven't managed to cost me a ton of money, yet. Plus the wife is making a bit more money after finishing school.

I get the "grown up" crap, hinrich.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I'm only 28 but it's been hitting hard dealing with the house. Another thing i am looking into changing to save some money. I have a great house but the garage sucks and no room to build a proper garage. 4 bd and 2-1/2 bath is a bit much for me alone.

I also would like to be on the road more for sales at work and the 4 door makes more sense. It'll be built up just like my 2 door but I feel looks more professional in a way. Tires will be an issue I'm sure lol with all the miles but some of my customers are on farms and more industrial sites so it makes sense to me lol.

Because once you drive and/or wheel the longer wheelbase you will wonder why on earth you haven't made the switch. I talked Alana into the 4-door (It suited the family better at the time) but all she talked about was having a 2-door so I bought her one. Now she wishes the 4-door was her DD driver again. There is only 1.5 advantages to a 2-door; 1) tight trail maneuverability, 0.5) Looks.

wheelbase for the win!

I believe this so much that I will either be stretching the 2-door or selling it when the JL releases (provided I like what I see).

Im docking you that last ".5" simply because i like the 4 door look better. Lol

Top Bottom