Hinrichs build

TheDuff

Did you upgrade to the $100 tire carrier hitch pins yet? That's the new mall princess standard

You can get them cheaper than that online, pm me and I'll send you a link to a smokin deal;)

Sent from my LG-D800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
So got the rear cage section installed, and it doesn't let the top fold down...

Attachments

• image-4688971.jpg
    image-4688971.jpg
    355.3 KB · Views: 367

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
That blows....and still with that noise! :banghead: Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yeah hopefully I don't have to take the rear section out and send it back, but I feel that's what's going to need to happen. It's not like it can really be installed wrong so they may have made it slightly longer than usual which is why it won't go down. I could use the bestop top quick release mounts cuz I don't really fold it a lot, but still I shouldn't have to use those as a fix.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
So good to see your rig up and at em again :thumb:

Hoprfully it'll be fully functional again soon. My friend got a video going real slow of the passenger side rear which seems to be whats making the noise, well it squeaks and its only random now when it goes nuts, I just want to make sure its the shafts and bearing before I spend the money and get new ones.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
So update on the cage, talked to rockhard due to thinking maybe I had a 4dr rear section or something by mistake. It may sound dumb but its a common problem for 2 doors with the rear section to have issues folding down the top. He said any further front and the rear passengers risk hitting their heads on the cross bar, so I can deal with the top over passenger safety. I bought the bestop quick releases that I have wanted anyway and he said that's what he recommends to people. I mean I don't fold it down much anyway, but this will fix the slight issue so I am okay with that. Funny part being ordered them from quadratec which is an hour from me, and fedex wont have them to my house until sunday lol......slowest nonsense shipping ever (and I know I could have picked them up but they are only open till 5 sadly and I get done work at 4:15 so can never make it down). I will get some pics today of the cage for those who are interested.

Also ordered new rear shafts from my local 4x4 shop and he is going to install them hopefully beginning of next week.

Very nice rig. I really like your half doors. I ended up getting a pair of those from Jeepsareus. Left them primer black for now, but I think Im going to get them painted black at some point.

Ive looked everywhere and somehow I missed this:

How much lift are you running?
What coils are you using?
What shocks?

Was going to go with bolt on coilovers and long arms. After further consideration, ended up going with all 8 adj currie arms on as well as triple rate RK springs (2.5" lift for a 4 door which will get me to 3.5 on a 2 door)

Really like the choice of mods you have done. The ATX slabs are sick!

Top Bottom