Houston Area Wayalife-ers!

AdrockTT

Sub'd - I'm in the Houston area and would love to keep a pulse on what's going on around the area or join on an off-road trip (no mudding!)

Flat Top

Anyone with a recommendation for gears in the 290/Cypress area? I did Colorado a couple years ago with 4.10's on 37 and the mountain climbs were hell. I don't want to try that again later this year.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Anyone with a recommendation for gears in the 290/Cypress area? I did Colorado a couple years ago with 4.10's on 37 and the mountain climbs were hell. I don't want to try that again later this year.

249 Drivetrain has good reviews from the locals. But I think its safe to say MOST of us would take the drive down to Kemah for Jeep Slop Shop :thumb:

tdougherty81

I have a local guy around me in Conroe but I would also recommend Jeep Slop Shop.

249 Drivetrain has good reviews from the locals. But I think its safe to say MOST of us would take the drive down to Kemah for Jeep Slop Shop :thumb:

I have a local guy around me in Conroe but I would also recommend Jeep Slop Shop.

Jeep Slop Shop in Kemah as Dave and Tom said. Those guys are awesome and their prices are just about unbeatable.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Flat Top

Yea, already got a quote from Allen @ 249. Says they do 10 - 15 sets of gears a month. I was not aware of the Slop Shop, might just be the reason to make a stop by Tookies as well. Thanks for the recommendation.

I've done every other bit of work on my Jeep but know better that to try gears on my DD. Time to call a Pro.

tdougherty81

Who is in Conroe? I work in The Woodlands and grew up in Willis (got family there) so that could work. Just a personal friend or shop?
He's a friend that owns a small shop. He did my rear gears in my old jeep when I did my axle swap. I sourced my own parts and he charged me $350 for the install. Total was less than $600. Done later that day.

Flat Top

He's a friend that owns a small shop. He did my rear gears in my old jeep when I did my axle swap. I sourced my own parts and he charged me $350 for the install. Total was less than $600. Done later that day.

Gotcha, thanks for the info.

Getting pricing all over the place. $1300 to almost $2K so I need to make sure I'm comparing apples to apples. Everyone (shops) also seem to have an opinion on the "Right" gears for 37" :crazyeyes:.

Top Bottom